Printer Friendly

Nuova Simonelli opens new enlarged facility.

Nuova Simonelli, a leading manufacturer of coffee machines opened their new facility in Fonte Moreto of Belforte del Chienti, Italy.

Nando Ottavi, Nuova Simonelli's chairman explained that the company has doubled, more than once, its turnover in the last 20 years and closed its 2004 financial year with an increase in turnover equal to 8% in comparison with 2003. In the first three months of this year there has been an increase of 13% in comparison to the same period last year. This increase in production forced the company to create a new plant stretching over an area of 20,000 sq. m. Once running regularly, seven assembling lines will be operative. The production, which at presently 15,000 machines per year, will reach 26,000, that is to say 120 each working day. "That's a coffee machine every four minutes, "states the company.

In the previous location of Via dell' Artigianato, still in Belforte del Chienti, production there will now be concentrated to the machines labelled Victoria Arduino, which has the characteristic golden color with a winged symbol. This year Victoria Arduino is celebrating its 100th anniversary. The sales' net of Nuova Simonelli is operating in 98 countries throughout the world with over 600 specialized dealers. In the U.S. a branch was opened 20 years ago in Seattle. About 80% of the product is destined for abroad and the remaining 20% is sold in Italy.
COPYRIGHT 2005 Lockwood Trade Journal Co., Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2005 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:TRADE NEWS
Publication:Tea & Coffee Trade Journal
Article Type:Brief Article
Geographic Code:4EUIT
Date:Jul 20, 2005
Words:237
Previous Article:Help with hand painted tea bags.
Next Article:ZCE and NYBOT sign MOU.
Topics:


Related Articles
Espresso machine update.
Made In Italy.
COFFEE THEN AND NOW.
Italy: beautiful places, rich in treasure.
Coffee fest: Las Vegas review: Coffee Fest's 40th show boasted more than 3,350 attendees over three days with a spectacular line-up of more than 70...
Coffee Fest announces Seattle line-up.
Coffee Fest to return to Washington, DC, in February.
Nuova Simonelli's latest.
Nuova Simonelli doubles their take.
Tea and Coffee World Cup, Geneva June 3-5, 2007.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters