Printer Friendly

overseas sales soar as hertz marks aed1 million months.

Summary: Hertz UAE has announced AED1 million in overseas car rental reservations during June and again in July, doubling sales in May and accounting for a quarter of all overseas reservations for this year to date.

The hundred per cent increase in sales in June and July coincides with the high travelling season, with 95 per cent of reservations booked for destinations across Europe. The UK was the most popular destination, accounting for 40 per cent of bookings, followed by Germany (20 per cent), Switzerland (15 per cent), France and Austria (10 per cent).

Hertz UAE has announced AED1 million in overseas car rental reservations during June and again in July, doubling sales in May and accounting for a quarter of all overseas reservations for this year to date. The hundred per cent increase in sales in June and July coincides with the high travelling season, with 95 per cent of reservations booked for destinations across Europe. The UK was the most popular destination, accounting for 40 per cent of bookings, followed by Germany (20 per cent), Switzerland (15 per cent), France and Austria (10 per cent). While 30 per cent of the reservations were made by HertzCOs corporate customers, the remaining 70 per cent of bookings were made by individuals looking for transportation in an overseas destination. UAE residents looking to escape the summer heat can save 20Co30 per cent by making a reservation in advance and have a car ready for them at their chosen overseas location upon arrival. C[pounds sterling]Our biggest period for overseas reservations is between May and August, and we anticipate even greater sales results for this month. December and January is another busy overseas reservation season, when expatriates go home for the holidays,C[yen] said Roshan Mohamed, Head of the International Reservations Team, Hertz UAE. C[pounds sterling]Customers wanting to make international reservations will find the process simple and efficient. A vehicle can be booked in one phone call and customers are given an e-voucher for vehicle collection, accepted at all Hertz counters world wide where pre-paid vouchers are applicable,C[yen] Mohamed continued. Hertz has also partnered with Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB), offering platinum and gold cardholders discounted pre-paid international reservation rates, at participating Hertz outlets around the world. The ADCB deal, which runs until 31 December 2008, also gives platinum cardholders on business trips exclusive access to the Hertz Gold Scheme, providing fast car rental service and a range of other benefits at over 40 airports in 23 countries across four continents, without the need for e-vouchers. Gold service allows customers to collect their car immediately from a participating airportCOs weather-protected Hertz #1 Club Gold rental area, without any queuing or paperwork.

A[umlaut] 2008 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)

A[umlaut] 2008 Al Bawaba (Albawaba.com)

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2008 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Albawaba.com
Date:Aug 3, 2008
Words:478
Previous Article:Top hotel brands lured by City of Arabia are told only the best will do.
Next Article:Starwood Hotels & Resorts and ADNEC to introduce the first Element hotel in the Middle East - Striking Element extended-stay brand is to become a par.
Topics:


Related Articles
CAR RENTAL.
Hertz Corporation.
Destination News - Car Rental.
Destination News - Car Rental.
Dubai auto spare parts trade values AED18.22 billion in 2007.
Hertz UAE expands car rental network with Dubai festival city location.
Hertz UAE puts new drive behind nationwide mobile phone recycling campaign.
overseas sales soar as hertz marks aed1 million months.
Hertz UAE puts new drive behind nationwide mobile phone recycling campaign.
Hertz UAE expands car rental network with Dubai festival city location.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |