iSoldIt Announces Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. NASCAR Automobiles for Charity Auction on September 30, 2006.
LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- iSoldIt, the world's largest chain of eBay drop-off stores, today announced that two cars previously owned by Dale Earnhardt and Dale Earnhardt Jr. will go up for charity auction on eBay Motors. Sold separately, the cars offer a rare opportunity to own a piece of NASCAR's most famous father and son racing dynasty. Up for auction is the number three (#3) 1989 Dale Earnhardt Lumina previously owned by Richard Childress Racing as well as the number eight (#8) 2002 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Monte Carlo owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc. (DEI). Part of the proceeds will go to the Arkansas Children's Hospital in Little Rock.
"These father and son cars raced on the same track 12 years apart so this is a rare opportunity for racing fans to own a piece of the Earnhardt legacy," said Michelle Naranjo of iSoldIt motors. "Both cars have a winning record which carries over to directly benefit Arkansas Children's Hospital. The Lumina is entirely original with no alteration and the Monte Carlo has been beautifully restored by Gene Felton Restoration and approved by the National Historic Stock Car Association."
Both cars are available for bid on eBay beginning September 30, 2006 at www.isolditmotors.com
#3 Dale Earnhardt 1989 Lumina - Richard Childress Racing
* Owned by Richard Childress Racing
* Driven by Ralph "Dale" Earnhardt
* Raced from 1990 - 1992
* Driven in 4 Races
* RCR Racing Chassis #3 (Car Number 3 on Chassis Number 3)
* 358 Cubic Inches Richard Childress Engine with 750 HP
* Road Coarse setup
* Still setup as last raced
* No alterations to race car since race day
* Entire car is original with no altering
* Copy of Setup Papers for two races available (Watkins Glen, NY & Sears Point, Calif.)
* In 1990, the #3 car won the pole at Watkins Glen and finished 7th
* Set pole at Watkins Glen Race Track in New York, 1992
* Finished 9th in the race
* Started 12 and finished 6th at Sears Point, CA 1992
#8 Car: 2002 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Budweiser
* Owned by Dale Earnhardt Inc. (DEI)
* Driven by Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
* Raced in one race
* DEI Chassis Number 11
* Road Coarse setup
* Copy of setup papers from Watkins Glen Race in 2002
* Raced in 2002
* Raced at Watkins Glen, NY 2002
* Has been restored by Gene Felton Restoration and approved by the NHSCA (National Historic Stock Car Association)
About Arkansas Children's Hospital
Arkansas Children's Hospital, recently named one of the nation's best hospitals for pediatric care two years in a row by U.S. News & World Report, is the only pediatric medical center in Arkansas and one of the largest in the United States serving children from birth to age 21. The campus spans 24 city blocks and houses 290 beds, a staff of approximately 500 physicians, 80 residents in pediatrics and pediatric specialties and more than 3,600 employees. The private, nonprofit healthcare facility boasts an internationally renowned reputation for medical breakthroughs and intensive treatments, unique surgical procedures and forward-thinking medical research - all dedicated to fulfilling our mission of enhancing, sustaining and restoring children's health and development. For more information, visit www.archildrens.org.
iSoldIt provides an easy way for any person, business or organization to sell things online. iSoldIt is the number one seller on eBay, is ranked by Entrepreneur magazine as the number one franchise in the emerging drop-off store category and is the 2006 Priority Magazine Small Business of the Year. iSoldIt currently has hundreds of franchise stores open nationwide and is opening a new store on average every three days. iSoldIt is registered to sell franchises in 50 states. For more information, visit www.i-soldit.com or call 877-I-SOLD-IT.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 28, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Superior Galleries Reports Record Fiscal 2006 Revenues.|
|Next Article:||Keynote Speaker to Connect GIS with Unified Emergency Response Preparedness.|