fruits, glowing skin, Bananas, Apples, Avocados, Papaya, Pomegranates, Strawberries.
New Delhi [India], August 4 ( ANI ): With monsoon in its full glory, it is highly possible for your skin to undergo a host of problems. The ideal way to protect the skin is to feed the body with nutrient-rich fruits that can help to fight infections and increase immunity.
Food scientist Shefali Bhardwaj, who is the Chief Operations Officer- Cut fruits/salad division at IG International Pvt. Ltd., says that fruits are rich in antioxidants, and incorporating them in your daily diet comes with several benefits. However, wash them well before you consume to safely enjoy the benefits.
Enlisted below are a few fruits that can be consumed regularly this season to keep your body resistant against diseases as well as to get that lustrous glow.
- Bananas: Bananas are loaded with nutrients such as Vitamins A, B and E, and, hence work best as an anti-aging agent. A fresh mashed banana facial can also do wonders for the skin for the same reason.
The fruit contains high levels of potassium that help to moisturise and hydrate the skin, making it look fuller, more supple and youthful.
The nutrients in bananas also help to maintain the elasticity of skin, prevent premature ageing and wrinkles. They soften and rejuvenate dull, dry skin and fade away dark spots and blemishes.
- Apples: Apples contain skin-friendly nutrients and are the richest source of malic acid. Also known as alpha hydroxyl acid, it is found naturally in apples and is a commonly found ingredient in beauty treatments.
Malic acid is gentler than other acids such as glycolic and salicylic acid that are used in beauty treatments. Malic acid promotes healthier, firmer and youthful looking skin by renewing skin cells without damaging the skin layer.
The high fibre content in apples helps to clean out the colon and promotes regular bowel movements, hence promoting clear and pimple-free skin.
- Avocados: Referred to as a super food, avocados are one amongst the nutrient-dense fruits. They taste great and offer amazing skin benefits when applied directly or consumed as a fruit.
Avocados contain healthy fatty acids, vitamins and antioxidants that improve the skin from within.
Avocados are rich in biotin, also known as Vitamin B7. Biotin promotes cell regeneration and growth, resulting in faster growth of hair and nails.
They are a rich source of Vitamin E, known as 'the Protector of Skin'. The fatty acids in this fruit help to provide the skin with essential lubrications, which promote a youthful glow.
- Papayas: Papaya is rich in antioxidants and contains a special enzyme called papain that can kill dead cells and cure skin impurities. Eating papaya regularly has several health benefits. You can also mash a papaya and apply to skin directly.
Papayasare a good source of Vitamin A andbeta carotene. Papain is not only an important digestive aid that breaks down inactive proteins, but it is also a powerful antioxidant. It counters free-radical damage on skin and also helps in healing damaged skin by speeding up cell regeneration.
Pomegranates: Delicious and nutrient rich, pomegranates are super foods with qualities similar to those of green tea and blueberries.
Pomegranates are packed with antioxidants, which reverse free-radical damage, and promote supple, youthful skin.
It can be said that pomegranates are the king of antioxidant-rich fruits, as they contain more antioxidants than any other fruits.
- Strawberries: Along with being a rich source of Vitamin C, strawberries also contain alpha-hydroxy acid and salicylic acid. Salicylic acid helps in removing dead cells from the skin and tightens the skin pores to prevent acne breakouts. The acids penetrate deep into the pores and clean them thoroughly. They unclog oily pores and stop pimple formation. They help in clearing out milia, whiteheads and blackheads before they become stubborn pimples.
Strawberries also contain a powerful antioxidant known as ellagic acid that prevents the destruction of collagen that leads to wrinkle formation. Ellagic acid also protects the skinfrom UV damage.( ANI )
Copyright [c] 2017 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Asian News International|
|Date:||Aug 4, 2017|
|Previous Article:||Goa to ban beggars and illegal hawkers on beaches.|
|Next Article:||Kishore da is always missed: Lata Mangeshkar on his birth anniversary.|