crucial tips to help you land dream job.
IF you're in the market for a job then make sure to read the top tips from Solas Recruitment to give you the edge on the competition.
1. Always stand during a phone interview as it helps you to breathe properly and make you sound more confident.
2. If you are offered a drink at an interview, always say yes even if you don't want one. The time it takes for the interviewer to get you a glass of water gives you time to compose your thoughts.
3. If you were a fruit, what kind of fruit would you be and why? Questions like these are asking you to describe your personality and test your ability to think outside of the box.
Think about personality traits such as hard-working, reliable, creative, or organised and use these as a starting point for answering questions like these on the spot.
4. Bosses will expect you to ask some questions and it can help to show you are interested in the role. Quiz them on what they enjoy best about working at the company or about career development.
5. Appearance is the deal breaker for an interview. People cannot underestimate how important it is in the job process. It can highlight the effort you put into the interview and shows you are interested in the role which is always a positive sign.
6. If you didn't finish off your degree then state this and add the years you did study and the key modules you covered. It's better than lying that you completed your university studies.