coffeebreak: QUIZ OF THE DAY.
2. In 2008 which country abolished its monarchy and became a republic?
3. Lois Lane is the girlfriend of which comic book and screen character?
4. Joe Walsh, Glenn Frey, Don Henley, Randy Meisner and Don Felder were members of which 1970s rock group?
5. The coast of Kenya lies on which ocean?
6. Who was the Rolling Stones musician who died in 1969?
7. Which part of an engine turns linear piston motion into rotation?
8. In which event did Mary Peters win an Olympic gold medal at Munich in 1972?
9. Which of the seven wonders of the ancient world was 40 foot tall and was created by the Greek sculptor Phidias?
10. What is the name of the James Bond novel by Sebastian Faulks published in 2008?
QUIZ OF THE DAY: 1 Lizard; 2 Nepal; 3 Superman; 4 The Eagles; 5 The Indian Ocean; 6 Brian Jones; 7 The crankshaft; 8 Pentathlon; 9 The Statue of Zeus; 10 Devil May Care.
Mary Peters - see Question 8
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Dec 10, 2008|
|Previous Article:||The Death of Justice; Morning Serial.|
|Next Article:||coffee break: Carol concert for a new generation; Preview Milkshake! Live In My First Carol Concert St David's Hall, Cardiff.|