coffee break: QUIZ OF THE DAY.
2. To what does the word brut refer when applied to wine?
3. Which novelist created Chief Inspector Wexford?
4. What is the name of the thick layer of fat under the skin of marine mammals?
5. What is the SI unit (symbol C) of electric charge?
6. In which year did the Queen give her first televised Christmas broadcast?
7. What sport is the subject of David Storey's book This Sporting Life?
8. What in the 13th century was otherwise known as The Great Charter?
9. What was the title of Eddie Izzard's video/DVD which won him two Emmy Awards in 2000?
10. Schwenk and Seymour were the middle names of which two 19th century artistic collaborators?
QUIZ OF THE DAY: 1 China; 2 Unsweetened; 3 Ruth Rendell; 4 Blubber; 5 The coulomb; 6 1957; 7 Rugby League; 8 Magna Carta; 9 Dress To Kill; 10 Gilbert and Sullivan.
Eddie Izzard - see Question 9
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Mar 28, 2009|
|Previous Article:||relax with a good book...|
|Next Article:||coffee break: Stars come out for this Awakening; Review Spring Awakening Novello Theatre, London *****.|