coffee break: QUIZ OF THE DAY.
2. What is the common name of the Chilean pine?
3. In the early 19th century how was Arthur Wellesley better known?
4. What was first made in 1827 by John Walker, an English chemist, and originally sold for one shilling per hundred?
5. Which city, 60 miles north-west of Liverpool, derives its name from two rivers, the Dhoo and the Glass?
6. For his role in which film did Kevin Spacey win a Best Actor Oscar in 1999?
7. In which city did Lewis Hamilton win his first F1 grand prix?
8. In astrology which are the four cardinal signs of the zodiac?
9. Bill Clinton was governor of which US state prior to being elected president in 1993?
10. The autobiography of which boxing hero, which was published in 2007, is entitled No Ordinary Joe?
QUIZ OF THE DAY: 1 The trombone; 2 The monkey puzzle tree; 3 The Duke of Wellington; 4 Matches; 5 Douglas, Isle of Man; 6 American Beauty; 7 Montreal, Canada; 8 Aries, Libra, Cancer, Capricorn; 9 Arkansas; 10 Joe Calzaghe.
Lewis Hamilton - see Question 7
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Apr 18, 2008|
|Previous Article:||Missing button is a big turn-off.|
|Next Article:||coffee break: Karrie hosts modern-day variety show; Preview The Afternoon Show Touring.|