Zaner-Bloser Awards Grand National Champions in Annual Handwriting Contest.
The winning students were selected from nearly 300,000 entries received from across the country. The Grand National Champions will each receive $1,000 in cash, and their teacher will receive a trip for two to Washington, D.C., home of our nation's most important handwritten documents. In addition, each student's school will receive a $1,000 Zaner-Bloser gift certificate.
The Grand National Champions are:
* Grade one: Noah Scott Spencer - Richlands Elementary School, Richlands, Va.
* Grade two: Jancarlo Perez - Hibbard Elementary School, Chicago, Ill.
* Grade three: Jordan Caroline Ihasz - Maple Street School, Manchester Center, Vt.
* Grade four: Luke Mundt - Calvary Baptist Christian School, Watertown, Wis.
* Grade five: Cassie Kriebel - St. Joseph Grade School, Lucinda, Pa.
* Grade six: Max-Anthony Nunez - St. Pius V School, Melville, N.Y.
* Grade seven: Neely Nicole Parsons - New London Middle School, New London, Oh.
* Grade eight: Alexandria Kathryn Skaw - St. Paul School, Bloomer, Wis.
The Zaner-Bloser National Handwriting Contest encourages legible handwriting by assessing the handwriting abilities of students in grades 1-8 whose schools use Zaner-Bloser Handwriting curricula. All entries were judged according to the Zaner-Bloser Keys to Legibility: size, shape, slant, and spacing.
"Handwriting is a core academic skill and a core life skill that improves academic performance and boosts self-esteem," said Zaner-Bloser President Bob Page. "We're very pleased to see so many students and their schools dedicate themselves to developing the efficient handwriting skills that will benefit them for a lifetime. In particular, I wish to congratulate these eight winners for their dedication to developing such remarkable handwriting skills."
For more information about the Zaner-Bloser National Handwriting Contest, please visit http://zaner-bloser.com/nationalhandwritingcontest/.
Zaner-Bloser Educational Publishers is the nation's leading publisher of handwriting programs for students in Grades K-8. Zaner-Bloser instructional materials have assisted in the learning process of students in handwriting, spelling, reading, and language arts for more than 120 years. For more information, visit www.zaner-bloser.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 27, 2010|
|Previous Article:||nGenera Corporation Names Brian Blond Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales.|
|Next Article:||Wells Fargo, Wachovia Combine Banking Operations in California.|