Printer Friendly

Young man electrocuted.

KARACHI -- A young man was electrocuted while his father and three other relatives were hurt in the Kalri area of Lyari on Sunday evening, police said.

The family members were trying to fix a generator on the second floor of their apartment located in Liaquat Colony when 23-year-old Umair got an electric shock.

His father Mohammad Ali, father-in-law Ahmed Ali, brother-in-law Khurram and another relative, Farooq, also received electric shocks while trying to save each other, said Kalri SHO Gul Hasan.

As a result, Umair died of electrocution while others were taken to the Civil Hospital Karachi for treatment.

COPYRIGHT 2018 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Dawn (Karachi, Pakistan)
Date:Feb 5, 2018
Words:131
Previous Article:Kamal warns K-4 project will not end Karachi's water woes.
Next Article:Sufism lacks capacity to counter extremism, says scholar.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |