Worker's legal fight after shock.
Byline: Anuji Varma Health Correspondent email@example.com
A MIDLAND woman who suffered severe electric shock at work which left her with an irregular heartbeat and internal a shop floor assembly worker at Thorlux Lighting when she was thrown back whilst asseburns has launched legal action.
Sarah Bonner, 40, of Redditch, was mbling a light fitting.
She was taken to Alexander Hospital by one of her colleagues after the accident, and was put on a heart monitor as she was suffering from shortness of breath and chest pains. She also suffered a neck injury due to the force of the electric shock. Since then her heartbeat has slowed down and continues to suffer from pain and exhaustion due to her injuries. She may also need to be fitted with a pacemaker to relieve her symptoms.
Thorlux Lighting denies liability for the incident, but Sarah has instructed Birminghambased Irwin Mitchell to investigate her accident and find out if more could have been done to prevent the electric shock.
Sarah said: "I didn't realise how serious my condition was until it was explained to me at the hospital. For months after the accident I struggled to get around because I was in so much pain and became tired very easily. The first few weeks I needed help from my family to do everything from getting out of bed, to brushing my teeth and having a shower.
"The accident has had a great impact on my life as I am still recovering now.
"I still suffer from chest pain, debilitating exhaustion and a low heart rate. I struggle to sleep due to the pain in my neck and I was unable to drive for a long time since the accident because of the injury to my neck." Her solicitor Sally Rissbrook, a specialist workplace injury lawyer at Irwin Mitchell, representing her, said: "We are investigating whether more could have been done to prevent the incident as we seek to secure funds to help her access further help and support so that she can put this ordeal behind her."