Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference.
The Wood Tech Summit Leadership Conference, a full-day conference featuring tabletop exhibits, is slated for Oct. 23, at the Four Points by Sheraton. It will feature seven timely presentations by representatives of some of the most innovative Canadian woodworking companies.
* Luke Elias of Muskoka Cabinet Co., which is using RFID technology to track production and inventory;
* Pierre Fournier of Triangle Kitchen Ltd., which augments its domestic manufacturing with off-shoring from China;
* Sepp Gmeiner of Lignum Consulting, a well-traveled industry expert who will discuss best practices for building a successful competitive wood products business;
* Adam Hofmann of Bogdon & Gross Furniture (BG), which has seized the benefits of operating within a wood manufacturing cluster;
* Bastien Larouche, Ro-Bois-Tic, owner of the light's out robotic woodworking plant featured on the February cover of Wood Products;
* Anne-Marie Snook of Nienkamper, a multiple winner of design awards and recognized as one of Canada's 50 best-managed companies;
* Denis Staples, co-owner of Deslaurier Custom Cabinets, a firm whose rise from the ashes of a devastating fire was so compelling that it was featured in a best-selling book.
Learn more and register at WoodTechSummit.com.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||WMS Preview|
|Article Type:||Conference news|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2013|
|Previous Article:||Woodworkers gear up for WMS 2013: the Woodworking Machinery & Supply Expo takes center stage Oct 24-26 in Toronto.|
|Next Article:||Technology helps young America grow: Stanley Furniture revamped operations to bring its youth furniture back to the USA.|