Printer Friendly

Women burned by Primus stove flame.

Two Stirling area women suffered severe burns in a Primus stove accident, the Observer of June, 1969, reported.

Mrs Mary Brown (64), 5 Viewfield Street, Stirling, and Miss Peggy Robertson (62), 78 Gillieshill, Cambusbarron, were in the Cathedral car park, Dunblane, when the accident happened.

Mrs Brown's husband, Alexander, was `brewing up'using the Primus. He thought the small pressurised paraffinfuelled camping stove had gone out and so poured methylated spirits on it.

The Observer said `heat flashing', caused by the wind, made the flame from the stove shoot out across to the two women who were sitting about six feet away.

Mrs Brown suffered burns to both her legs and hand and lower part of her face, while Miss Robertson was burned about the legs and hands. The women were detained at Stirling Royal Infirmary where their condition was said to be 'fairly comfortable'.

poured methylated spirits on it.

The Observer said `heat flashing', caused by the wind, made the flame from the stove shoot out across to the two women who were sitting about six feet away.

Mrs Brown suffered burns to both her legs and hand and lower part of her face, while Miss Robertson was burned about the legs and hands. The women were detained at Stirling Royal Infirmary where their condition was said to be 'fairly comfortable'.

COPYRIGHT 2019 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Stirling Observer (Stirling, Scotland)
Date:Jul 5, 2019
Words:221
Previous Article:New lease of life for Inverallan Mill.
Next Article:What's On.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters