Printer Friendly

Will it rain on parade? Who cares!

Byline: BUZZWORTHY by The Register-Guard

Uh oh. One look at The Register-Guard's weather forecast earlier this week has some news we don't want to hear. Or rather symbols we don't want to see - umbrellas and streaks of rain.

Now the Weather Channel's Web page, www.weather.com, paints a brighter picture, sort of. A few showers today with a 30 percent chance of precipitation. It'll be mostly cloudy on Saturday, with a 20 percent chance of rain. The Sunday forecast calls for showers, with a 50 percent chance of precip.

So what's so fascinating about the weekend weather forecast? Last year's Eugene Celebration got hammered by rain. Will this year be a repeat?

As we write this, it's still hard to know. Weather forecasts change as fast as, well, the weather in Western Oregon.

So if you are dying to head to the celebration but are afraid of the raindrops, keep this in mind. The Eugene Celebration is not Autzen Stadium - celebration organizers will most gladly let you in with an umbrella.

Surprisingly, however, all the great music in Eugene isn't being hogged by the celebration. Singer-songwriter - and Sam Bond's music booker - Peter Wilde will wander in from semi-retirement and onto the WOW Hall stage, opening for Todd Snider on Wednesday.

Two hot, up-and-coming bands, the National and Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, will team up for a show at the WOW Hall on Tuesday. If all of the very nice things written about the band are only half true, this could be a memorable show.

Inara George, who comes from a musical family (she's a daughter of Little Feat's Lowell George), will play an early show Sunday at John Henry's. She's also had some very nice things written about her.

So come rain or shine, the week will be loaded with entertainment options.

Lap it up!
COPYRIGHT 2005 The Register Guard
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2005, Gale Group. All rights reserved. Gale Group is a Thomson Corporation Company.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Title Annotation:Entertainment
Publication:The Register-Guard (Eugene, OR)
Date:Sep 30, 2005
Words:307
Previous Article:Where lurks '30s radio? KKNX knows.
Next Article:BRIEFLY.


Related Articles
Time for the countdown to city's biggest party.
A LITTLE RAIN WON'T RUIN THEIR PARADE.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |