Wild Alaska salmon Scotch Easter eggs.
2. Add the parsley, dill, one beaten egg, lemon juice and zest, and season well with salt and cracked black pepper. Cover and refrigerate.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, paprika and season generously with salt and black pepper.
4. Boil 4 eggs to your liking: soft boil for 6 minutes or hard boil for 10-12 minutes.
5. Shell the eggs while they are still warm. Split the salmon paste into 4 equal portions, and flatten in the palm of your hand. Place an egg in the centre of the flattened salmon and wrap the paste around it, squeezing gently to seal the joins.
6. Beat the remaining eggs and dunk each Scotch egg in this. Transfer the Scotch eggs into the breadcrumbs and roll to coat.
7. Repeat the coating procedure by dunking the Scotch eggs once again in the beaten egg, and finally into the breadcrumbs.
8. Lower the scotch eggs carefully into a deep fat fryer with 180C/350F hot frying oil and deep fry for 5-6 minutes until the eggs are golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper to remove excess oil.
9. Serve with tartare sauce, a leafy green salad and lemon wedges.
*Recipe by Jocelyn Barker and food styling by Sue Ashworth.