Wide Range of Downstream Products For Extrusion, Compounding.
Maag Americas, Charlotte, N.C., is show-casing a variety of products for extrusion processors and compounders at NPE2018:
* Extrexx6 class gear pump: This new and reportedly unique melt pump delivers the needed volumetric efficiency at the highest counterpressures and with the lowest amount of shear stress. This results in a reliable and gentle transfer, pressure boosting, and metering for a wide range of thermoplastics.
* FSC plate screen changer: The hydraulically operated FSC is equipped with a pressure-adaptive sealing system that allows the required sealing forces to be adjusted to the actual melt pressure automatically. Solid and robust construction, available in all sizes and designs, ensures a reliable and leak-free filtration of molten polymers.
* Extrusion modular cart: A compact, movable tripod design reduces inline footprint compared with four-wheel designs. The modular system allows for one cart size to handle the four most common extrusion pump models for 3.5-, 4.5- and 6-in. extrusion lines. With a simple adapter-plate change, the original cart can handle a larger pump or gearbox.
* Gala/Automatik Model 420 Cyclo centrifugal dryer: This newly developed, energy-efficient dryer is suitable for use with both Pearlo underwater pelletizing, and M-USG and P-USG underwater strand-pelletizing systems. In addition to its minimal space requirement, Cyclo also features highly accessible components, such as the pellet-conveying rotor.
* Gala/Automatik EAC-7 Pearlo underwater pelletizer: Newly designed pelletizer is for processing pellets for virgin materials, compounds, masterbatches, engineered plastics, wood and naturally filled polymer composites, TPEs, and hot-melt adhesives at up to 36,000 kg/hr (about 79,400 lb/hr)
* Maag Primo E pelletizer: This dry-cut pelletizer produces cylindrical pellets.
* RES Bullet 64 Pelletizer: Designed for 24/7 operation, the Bullet Series is suited for laboratory and production use. The tool-less, removable infeed and discharge chutes suit this pelletizer to compounders that have multiple material changeovers several times a shift. It is easier and faster to clean and service than previous models and provides higher rates, less waste, high product quality, and ease of operation.
* RES Chameleon color mixer: New mixer is suited to color changeover times under 30 min at throughput rates up to 2000 lb/ hr. It is reportedly easier to use and has a smaller footprint, and can be supplied with a jacketed vessel.
* RES pulverizing system Rex Duo: The Rex Duo Series pulverizer is used to produce large quantities of high-quality powders at higher production rates.
888-622-4872 * maag.com