White Chocolate Buche de NE[micro]el.
For the sponge cake
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
1 cup flour
For the white chocolate buttercream
9 oz white chocolate, chopped
1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
Pinch of salt
1/3 cups heavy whipping cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 400AC. Butter a rectangular pan and line it with parchment paper. Butter the parchment and set pan aside.
2. Beat the eggs until they turn thick and foamy. Add the sugar, vanilla extract and salt to the eggs and continue beating for 2 minutes. Fold in the flour, a handful at a time. Do not overmix or the cake will bake up into a tough texture.
3. Gently spread the batter into the prepared pan and level. Bake the cake for 10 minutes, until just set. Invert the baked cake onto a clean, dry kitchen towel and peel off the parchment paper. Wait 3 minutes and then gently roll the cake, still in the towel, starting at the 10-inch end. Allow to cool completely while you make the white chocolate buttercream.
4. Melt chocolate in a double-boiler and allow it to cool.
5. Place the butter, powdered sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat until smooth and fluffy. Add cream and vanilla, beating until it becomes fluffy again. Beat in the melted, cooled white chocolate.
6. Unroll the cake and evenly spread 2 cups of the white chocolate buttercream on the inside of the cake. Following its natural curve, gently form it into a cake roll.
7. Spread the exterior with enough white chocolate buttercream to cover it and gently pull a butter knife or small, offset spatula through the frosting to give the appearance of rough tree bark. Add a Pere NE[micro]el figure and meringue mushrooms to complete the festive look. Chill before serving.
Copyright Egypt Today. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).