Which Newcastle coffee shop has been voted the top in the city? Has your favourite coffee shop beat off stiff competition and made the list of the top 10 in Newcastle according to TripAdvisor?
Byline: Patrick Scott
Newcastle is awash with coffee shops these days, but which one comes out as the punters' favourite?
With so many to choose from, competition is fierce but TripAdvisor has announced its top 10 as voted for by you.
Olive and Bean, located on Clayton Street, comes top of the list on the world famous reviews portal with an average of 4.5 stars across 302 public reviews.
This makes it the best reviewed coffee shop in the city according to TripAdvisor's rankings and means it is the people's choice when selecting a place to sit back and relax.
25 cosy North East pubs with fires to warm you up in winter
One recent reviewer on the site gave Olive and Bean a five star review saying: "With the cute rustic styling, menu chalkboards, independent teas and coffees, homemade cakes and breakfast, lunch and teatime menu and friendly staff, why would you ever go back to Starbucks! Such a lovely find!"
Another reviewer said: "We went for brunch today and it was amazing. I had the avocado & poached eggs on toast which was perfect and so delicious. The smoothies are amazing and all the breakfasts we had were a great size and so good. Would 1000% recommend to anyone looking for brunch in Newcastle."
The second best reviewed coffee shop in Newcastle was Garden Kitchen on Eldon Gardens while Tea Sutra Teahouse on Leazes Park Road was third.
The full top 10 is as follows:
1) Olive and Bean, Newcastle upon Tyne, 17/19 Clayton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
2) Garden Kitchen, Newcastle upon Tyne, Unit D1 Eldon Gardens, Newcastle upon Tyne
3) Tea Sutra Teahouse, Newcastle upon Tyne, 2 Leazes Park Road, Newcastle upon Tyne
4) By the Burn Coffee House, Newcastle upon Tyne, Newburn High Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
5) Pedalling Squares, Newcastle upon Tyne, The Old Brassworks, Newcastle upon Tyne
6) Les Petits Choux, Newcastle upon Tyne, 11 Leazes Crescent, Newcastle upon Tyne
7) Cake Stories, Newcastle upon Tyne, 12 Brentwood Avenue, Newcastle upon Tyne
8) Blakes Coffee House, Newcastle upon Tyne, Grey Street, Newcastle upon Tyne
9) Cafe 1901, Newcastle upon Tyne, St George's Terrace, Newcastle upon Tyne
10) Navaho Coffee, Newcastle upon Tyne, 36 Acorn Road, Newcastle upon Tynei'
Credit: John Walton/PA Wire
Coffee beans in a mug
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||What's On|
|Publication:||The Chronicle (Newscastle upon Tyne, England)|
|Date:||Sep 16, 2016|
|Previous Article:||Walter Zenga has attempted to fire up his Wolves team ahead of trip to Newcastle - here's his rant; Former Italy goalie Walter Zenga takes a heavy...|
|Next Article:||New car road test: Fiat 500X 2.0 Multijet II 140bhp; Jonathan Crouch and Andy Enright from caranddriving.com look at the Fiat 500X 2.0 Multijet II...|