Printer Friendly

WestSide Corporation Limited (ASX:WCL) Galilee Basin Exploration Drilling Program Update.

Brisbane, Australia, Nov 14, 2011 - (ABN Newswire) - WestSide Corporation Limited (ASX:WCL) advises that Galilee Basin exploration well Glenlyon 2, within ATP 974P in north western Queensland, has spudded.

Glenlyon 2, sited adjacent to Glenlyon 1 about 70km south of Richmond, spudded at 07:30 hours on 12 November 2011 and the rig is now drilling ahead.

The target coal seams are expected to occur in Glenlyon 2 from approximately 1,150 metres and will be cored to determine gas content and composition.

Glenlyon 1 was drilled successfully to a depth of 1,101 metres before an obstruction in the well prevented drilling below this depth.

The Great Artesian Basin (GAB) aquifers were sealed off with casing and cement in accordance with the well design to protect their integrity and prevent any connection between the aquifers and other activities in the well.

Glenlyon 1 has now been plugged and abandoned - a routine industry practice which involved sealing the well by filling it with cement - as planned.

Data collected from Glenlyon 1 is being used to drill the new well and for further evaluation of the area.

Glenlyon 2 is the second in an exploration program of up to four wells to investigate the hydrocarbon potential of the Permian-age Betts Creek and Aramac Coal Measures present throughout the basin.

WestSide has a 51 per cent operating interest in ATP 974P and ATP 978P in joint venture with Mitusi E&P Australia Pty Ltd which has a 49 per cent interest in both tenements.

The tenements in the north-western part of the Galilee Basin cover a combined area of 14,480 km2 which WestSide believes could contain up to 21 trillion cubic feet of gas in place.

WestSide will issue regular updates as and when appropriate as the exploration program progresses.

For the complete WestSide announcement including drilling program table and map, please view the following link:

http://media.abnnewswire.net/media/en/docs/ASX-WCL-237255.pdf

About WestSide Corporation Limited:

WestSide Corporation Limited is an ASX-listed company (ASX:WCL) with interests in coal seam gas (CSG) projects in Queensland.

WestSide operates the Meridian SeamGas CSG fields west of Gladstone in Queensland's Bowen Basin. The Meridian gasfields comprise a range of CSG assets including a petroleum lease, gas rights in mining leases and gas compression and pipeline infrastructure connected to Queensland's commercial gas network. WestSide holds a 51% interest in the fields with Mitsui E&P Australia Pty Ltd holding the remaining 49%.

Elsewhere in the Bowen Basin, WestSide is currently operating an exploration and appraisal program at the ATP 769P (Paranui) and ATP 688P (Tilbrook and Mount Saint Martin) sites. WestSide's 50% interest in each area will reduce to 25.5% following the sale of 24.5 % interests to Mitsui, with QGC holding the other 50% in each case.

WestSide also has a 51% operating interest in two Galilee Basin (Queensland) tenements (ATP 974P and ATP 978P) covering an area of over 14,000 sq kms, with Mitsui holding the remaining 49% in each.

Copyright 2011 ABN Newswire

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2011 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2011 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:ABN Newswire
Geographic Code:8AUST
Date:Nov 14, 2011
Words:514
Previous Article:Iron Road Limited (ASX:IRD) Chairmans Address at 2011 Annual General Meeting.
Next Article:Eagle Eye Metals Limited (ASX:EYE) Announces Reverse Circulation Drilling Results at the Dankassa Gold Project in Mali.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters