Printer Friendly

We cannot close our eyes to destruction in the country: Justice Jawwad S Khawaja.

ISLAMABAD -- Supreme Court (SC) has adjourned hearing of illegal NGOs case for one week due to meeting of Law and Justice Commission.

Justice Jawwad S Khawaja has remarked " nothing has been done by all the institutions of the country. What has to be done, it seems as if SC has to do it now . Police has not to register case. Government has to do nothing with reference to NGO. If people die due to lungs related diseases but no one has to do any thing. This all has to be done by court too.

He further observed " tell us if we are transgressing our powers. We will close all the files. 7 months and 4 days have passed after National Action Plan has come. Governments have to do nothing nor have they done any thing. We can not close our eyes to destruction in the country.

Justice Dost Mohammad has remarked "investigations in respect of foreign NGOs should have been done before their entry into the country. This immigration department is doing what. All the activities of NGOs should be monitored. You have made Pakistan Mexico. Whichever mafia wills comes to Pakistan Funding is being done by enemy or some one else, it is not known to anyone. If a bullet was purchased out of foreign funding and our sepoy was martyred due to it then what action has been taken in this respect?

A two member bench of SC presided over by Justice Jawwad S Khawaja took up the case for hearing Wednesday. .

Secretary law and justice commission appeared before the court. He was to file the report but he could not present it due to important meeting under Chief Justice of Pakistan. The four provincial governments also did not file the report.

Razzaq A Mirza told on behalf of Punjab government that 47403 NGO s are functioning in Punjab. 13482 are madaris. NGOs are receiving 31 percent foreign funding. The remaining 69 percent funding is being made by the locals. The remaining provinces did not file the reports.

The court was told 4 outfits have been banned in Punjab. These include Rehmat Trust, Al-Rashid trust, Ansaria and Sepah-e-Sahaba. Daesh has also been declared banned on July, 24.

Justice Jawwad S Khawaja remarked " federal and provincial governments are not acive. Devastation is there everywhere. Nothing can be done till basic information are not available.

Law officer on behalf of Balochistan government appeared in the court and he told that no information have been received by him. Advertisement was given that NGOs should get their accounts audited. .

Justice Jawwad S Khawaja remarked " Balochistan is a peaceful province. There are no traces of deterioration visible far and wide therein. No one knows in Balochistan funding is flowing in from where. This be made clear on all the chief secretaries that matter is highly sensitive. 10000 NGOs are functioning in KPK.. Only one institution has come to light. When cheque was bounced then it came to light. FIR was lodged and this matter came before us in connection with bail. What is report about remaining 9999 NGOs which are operating therein. .

The lawyer told the court that details were being collected.

The court remarked "there are 24 districts of your province and data be collected at every district level. This form be sent to all the four provinces, Gilgit-Baltistan and Azad Kashmir.

The court said in its order " Rs 80 million came in private bank and this amount was sent by world health organization.

The court inquired this amount came there under what account and what was its title .

It was told that its title has not become known so far.

The court remarked " the institutions have been doing what during such long period that they could not ascertain the title of the account even after lapse of such period.

The hearing of the case was adjourned for one week.
COPYRIGHT 2015 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2015 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:The Frontier Star (Northwest Frontier Province, Pakistan)
Date:Jul 30, 2015
Words:648
Previous Article:Taliban denies reported death of leader Mullah Omar.
Next Article:Pakistan Navys teams rescue 372 people in Flood relief operation.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2018 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters