Warren secures rights to Harrison title fight.
Harrison has been ordered to defend his title against Juan Manuel Marquez by November 4 after the Mexican became interim champion last month by beating Terdsak Jandaeng in Las Vegas.
And Warren's Sports Network outbid Marquez's promoter Oscar De La Hoya for the right to stage the contest.
Warren's bid of pounds 394,938 was more than the pounds 377,461 on the table from De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions when the WBO opened purse bids.
Warren said, 'I'm delighted that I have secured my man the home advantage for his world title defence against Marquez.
'It will be a tough fight and every advantage we can get will count in Scott's favour.'
No venue or date has been confirmed yet though the contest.
It was also announced yesterday that Harrison has left long-time manager Frank Maloney to join up with Barry Hughes' Braveheart Promotions.
Former fighter Hughes, who recently took Commonwealth Games gold medallist Kenny Anderson under his wing, is convinced he can turn the the Scot's boxing career and life around.
'He is a great fighter and he is a great asset for Braveheart Promotions,' Hughes said. 'I am delighted to have him.
'The Boxing Board of Control sanctioned it and they wouldn't have sanctioned it if there was any conflict.'
Hughes believes the challenger is in for a shock when he comes up against Harrison regardless of the venue.
'What has happened has led people into a false sense of security because Scott is in the best physical and mental shape of his career,' Hughes said. 'His preparation will be better than ever before because he wants it more than anything. 'People have written him off now but when you are written off, you come back with a great performance.'
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Western Mail (Cardiff, Wales)|
|Date:||Sep 6, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Hard-man Easterby feels frustration of all-out style.|
|Next Article:||Howells fired up by chance of return to big stage.|