Walk to Cure Arthritis to help raise awareness.
Byline: Submitted by the Arthritis Foundation
More than 500 participants are supporting the Arthritis Foundation's mission to cure arthritis and help people with arthritis live a full life by participating in the 2018 Walk to Cure Arthritis on Saturday, May 19, at Old School Forest Preserve in Libertyville. The event will run from 9 a.m. to noon, with the walk itself starting at 10 a.m. Walk to Cure Arthritis brings together communities nationwide to fight arthritis, which affects 2,316,000 people in Illinois alone.
"We can all make a difference in lives of people with arthritis -- the number one cause of disability," said Jessica Bearak, executive director for the Greater Chicago Area for the Arthritis Foundation. "For 70 years, the Arthritis Foundation has taken the steps to conquer this disease and Walk to Cure Arthritis is the largest arthritis event in the world, where we celebrate arthritis warriors and raise funds for research, resources and a cure."
The following people and partners will be honored.
* Janet Swenson, Walk to Cure Arthritis adult honoree
* Lily DuBose, Walk to Cure Arthritis youth honoree
* Amgen, Walk to Cure Arthritis national presenting sponsor
* AbbVie, Walk to Cure Arthritis national signature sponsor
* Bristol-Myers Squibb, Walk to Cure Arthritis national sponsor
* Janssen Immunology, Athletico, NorthShore University HealthSystem, WSHE, Walk to Cure Arthritis local sponsors
Register for the Lake County Walk to Cure Arthritis and learn more about the event by visiting www.WalktoCureArthritis.org/LakeCountyIL or contacting Kim Kempf, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (312) 690-9603.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Herald (Arlington Heights, IL)|
|Date:||May 18, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Clubs and hobbies Submit your events at dailyherald.com/share.|
|Next Article:||Four Bartlett friends biking to Niagara Falls for charity Inside Northwest.|