Printer Friendly

Wales: Buddy ends on alarming note.

THEATRE-GOERS were ushered out by firefighters at the end of the musical Buddy.

About 620 people were told to leave Llandudno's Venue Cymru on Monday night when the fire alarm went off.

Six firefighters from Llandudno arrived the theatre at around 10.30pm.

It turned out to be a faulty fire alarm on the ground floor.

Dave Gillum, a 57-year-old painter and decorator from Penmaenmawr, who had watched the show with wife Kate, said: "We were starting to leave the theatre when an announcement came over on the tannoy for the general public and staff to evacuate the building.

"It wasn't suggested it was a fire or any life-threatening situation."

A Venue Cymru spokeswoman said: "We would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the alarm."

Buddy: The Buddy Holly Story continues at Venue Cymru until this Saturday, August 26, with shows each night at 8pm, plus 2pm matinees today and Saturday. For more information call the theatre box office on 01492 872000 or visit

www.venuecymru.co.uk
COPYRIGHT 2006 MGN Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2006 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Daily Post (Liverpool, England)
Date:Aug 23, 2006
Words:170
Previous Article:Wales: Terror quiz two released uncharged.
Next Article:Wales: Breeding hopes high as Andean condors settle in new home.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2021 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |