WWW.EMD.COM CONSUMER HEALTHCARE WEBSITE GOES LIVE.
http://www.emd.com is the first and only website to be integrated with an Internet-based medication management and charting system designed to help physicians improve patient compliance and outcomes.
At http://www.emd.com consumers can take advantage of in-depth health information and a variety of services, including: free 24/7 access to a team of online medical experts to answer questions; safe and convenient prescription re-fulfillment; online discussions to share similar health concerns and experiences; helpful tips to create an environmentally-friendly Healthy Home; and an online store to purchase OTC medications, nutraceuticals and other healthcare products. The website soon will give patients secured access to their password-protected medical charts, including prescription history.
"eMD.com is the first e-Health company to offer an integrated solution that clearly benefits patients, physicians and healthcare insurance providers," said Timothy C. Moses, co-chairman, president and CEO of eMD.com. "We're strengthening the link between these three groups at the point of care in an effort to better inform consumers, improve medication compliance and enhance patient outcomes."
Bringing Patients And Physicians Closer Together
http://www.emd.com was developed as a complement to the company's Web-based medication and chronic care management and charting system, which is now available to physicians nationwide. Accessible from a physician's office through http://www.emd.com , the password-protected application includes electronic prescribing, online medical charting, drug fulfillment and clinical services such as monitoring patients for prescription compliance. It is designed to help the healthcare industry reduce medical errors, specifically those involving dispensing or prescribing the wrong drugs.
"As an eMD.com medication management and charting system user, it's reassuring that my patients can take advantage of a host of eMD.com clinical services and use this website to access valuable information on chronic health conditions," said Kevin F. Smith, MD.
Content Overview And Additional Consumer Benefits
"Our newly-branded consumer website showcases practical healthcare information developed by our team of online professionals," said Jacques Elfersy, co-chairman and senior vice president of eMD.com. "This powerful tool will help empower patients to better manage their chronic health concerns." http://www.emd.com also includes: <pre> * select content from other leading online health sources, notably InteliHealth databases reviewed and approved by Johns Hopkins, Reuters Health eLine, Reuters Medical News service and pollen.com;
* updated, reputable chronic disease information;
* five specialty health centers, initially geared to helping people better manage upper and lower respiratory ailments (additional health centers, focused on other chronic diseases, are coming soon);
* an A to Z search-driven index of 1,700 chronic disease and condition topics that answer consumer questions;
* a never-before published listing of hundreds of symptoms and disorders, along with potential remedies (coming soon);
* free 24/7 access to physicians, pharmacists and other medical professionals to answer questions;
* an online community where visitors can link to people with similar interests;
* the ability to safely refill prescriptions online;
* an online store for OTC medications, nutraceuticals and other healthcare products; and
* the ability for patients to access and contribute to their password- protected charts, including prescription history (coming soon). eMD.com's new point-of-care medication management and charting system:
* provides physicians Internet access to eMD.com's prescription care application, enabling physicians to electronically write prescriptions, and giving patients the option of having their prescriptions submitted online to an eMD.com designated fulfillment center;
* captures and retains the patient's prescription record for each medication, and when eMD.com's fulfillment services are used, maintains a compliance record;
* interfaces with the patient's insurance provider to verify patient eligibility (future enhancement);
* if needed, provides an opportunity for the physician to prescribe an insurance-approved alternate prescription or brand (future enhancement);
* ensures that a patient receives the physician's desired prescription within three days;
* automatically and electronically refills prescriptions;
* if desired by the patient, accepts a major credit card for co-payment collection; and
* generates an electronic medical chart, the basis of which will be used to help physicians improve patient care through a host of clinical services, including patient and prescription compliance monitoring.
Website Background Facts Development Partner: iXL, Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of iXL (Nasdaq: IIXL) Enterprises and leading strategic Internet company which provides strategy consulting and comprehensive Internet-based solutions.
Hosting Partner: Exodus Communications, Inc. (Nasdaq: EXDS), a leading provider of Internet management solutions and technology professional services.
Content Partners: InteliHealth databases reviewed and approved by John Hopkins Reuters Health eLine Reuters Medical News pollen.com
Offerings: Health Conditions content, Healthy Home tips, Medical News content, Online Store e-commerce, Online Doctor, Online Community clinical services discussions
Key Differentiators: Specialty health centers devoted to chronic conditions, Free 24/7 physician access to answer consumer questions, Integrated with a Web-based medication management/charting system
eMD.com, a healthcare e-commerce subsidiary of Atlanta-based BioShield Technologies, Inc. (Nasdaq: BSTI), is in the online medication management and patient compliance business. eMD.com's vision is to be recognized as the preferred Internet location for consumer healthcare information and the leading provider of physician-focused technology solutions. eMD.com's online medication management practices, and the resulting advanced patient outcomes, are designed to improve patient service and satisfaction by bringing physicians and patients closer together at the point of care. More information can be found at http://www.emd.com and http://www.bioshield.com or by calling toll free 1-877-900-eMD1.
An online demonstration of eMD.com's integrated solution can be found at www.emd-demo.com and will soon be posted to www.emd.com/
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Company Business and Marketing|
|Publication:||Worldwide Videotex Update|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2000|
|Previous Article:||FIRM CREATES EVISION CHINA.COM AND PLANS CHINA PORTAL LAUNCH.|
|Next Article:||BIOMEDNET/SCIENCE ONLINE RANKED TOP PORTALS BY LIFE SCIENTISTS.|