WWE Crown Jewel latest: Pay-per-view in Saudi Arabia set to go ahead; The pay-per-view was plunged into doubt when it was removed from their official website's calendar of events.
Byline: Matt Lawless
WWE are set to go ahead with their Crown Jewel pay-per-view on November 2.
The pay-per-view was plunged into doubt when it was removed from their official website's calendar of events.
It comes amid pressure from the United States government over events in Saudi Arabia, sparked by the disappearance of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.
The writer, who is a Saudi national and US resident, was last seen in Istanbul entering the Saudi consulate.
Allegations that he was murdered in Turkey have been denied, although it has put pressure on WWE to reconsider staging their November pay-per-view in the Middle East.
When is WWE Smackdown 1000? Spoilers, TV channel, full card, UK start time, names returning and more
Last year, WWE entered a lucrative 10-year deal with the Saudi government to stage events, understood to be worth in the region of a billion dollars.
Despite concerns, WWE have not cancelled the Riyadh event and in a statement said: "We are currently monitoring the situation."
Do you think they should go ahead with the event? Tell us your thoughts in the comments box below.
Credit: [c] WWE
Roman Reigns is set to defend the Universal Championship against Braun Strowman and Brock Lesnar at the Crown Jewel event
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Sport,Other Sports,Wrestling|
|Publication:||Daily Mirror (London, England)|
|Date:||Oct 15, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Conor McGregor plots UFC return at Dallas Cowboys stadium after promoting Irish Whiskey at NFL clash; The Irishman appears to have brushed off his...|
|Next Article:||Strictly Come Dancing - Behind the scenes FURY as 'terrible two' Seann Walsh and Katya Jones are saved; Judges and professionals are said to be...|