WALES: Firms face court over teenager's death.
The companies are being prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive after a two-year probe into the death of Miall Gwyn Roberts, 19, of Arenig Street, Bala.
He died when 11,000 volts of electricity passed through his body as he laid concrete foundations for a new unit at Bala industrial estate on May 7, 2004.
The power surged from an overhead line through a concrete lorry's hydraulic armand a metal pipe or nozzle being held by Miall.
No indications of pleas by John Cooper for Permanent Flooring Ltd, of High Street, Bagillt, Flintshire, and Dominic Kay for R L Davies and Son, of Llysfaen, Colwyn Bay, were given at Dolgellau Magistrates' Court yesterday.
Both face two charges under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 relating to employers' responsibilities for the health and safety of their own employees, and to other persons including contractors.
The case was committed to Caernarfon Crown Court for a plea and directions hearing on March 16.
Last year Miall's dad Gwyn, 46, of Dolhendre Isa, Llanuwchllyn, said: "There's nothing that can right what happened or bring comfort to us as a family."
An inquest in December 2005 heard Miall was working under "live" cables which were supposed to have been removed.
Miall Roberts was electrocuted in an accident at Bala
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Daily Post (Liverpool, England)|
|Date:||Feb 13, 2007|
|Previous Article:||WALES: Pub terror gang may be behind string of raids; Detectives look for links after woman threatened in armed break-in.|
|Next Article:||WALES: Double top; Terfel's joy after scooping second Grammy.|