Printer Friendly

Villagers suffer due to puffer.

Provided by 7DAYS.ae

More than 140 people have been rushed to hospital in northern Thailand after snacking on fish balls thought to be made from the highly poisonous puffer fish. Villagers in Nan province were given a soup containing the fish balls at a funeral and soon began vomiting, complaining of numbness and shortness of breath.

After being rushed to hospital, doctors deduced that the funeral-goers had symptoms in line with puffer fish poisoning, which can be deadly, a hospital spokesman said. They are being kept in hospital under observation. The fish contains a poison that paralyses a person's muscles and for which there is

no antidote.

[c] 2007 Al Sidra Media LLC

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2008 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2008 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:7 Days (Dubai, United Arab Emirates)
Date:Apr 21, 2008
Words:122
Previous Article:Anti-West activists target CNN.
Next Article:Ticket goes down well.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters