Value Line microcontrollers.
Texas Instruments (Dallas, TX) has announced the expansion of the MSP430 Value Line microcontroller series with new G2xx4 and G2xx5 devices. By combining the increased memory resources and integrated capacitive touch IOs on the MST430G2xx5 devices, developers can implement more sophisticated capacitive touch capabilities like swipe, gesturing, double tap, and proximity effects within their applications. Features include:
* A code-compatible upgrade path for TT's MSP430 Value Line series.
* A die-sized ball grid array (DSBGA).
* Increased memory of 32 kB/56 kB Flash (G2xx4/G2xx5) and up to 8x More SRAM (4 kB).
* Various package options, including DIP, TSSOP, QFN, and DSBGA, for design flexibility.
* Standby power of 1 [micro]A and fast wake-up time of <1 [micro]s for ultra-low-power consumption.