Printer Friendly

VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY, INC. COMPLETES ACQUISITION OF ROEDERSTEIN

 MALVERN, Pa., Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. (NYSE: VSH) announced today that the company has completed its acquisition of Roederstein GmbH, a leading European manufacturer of passive electronic components including resistors and capacitors which complement Vishay's product lines.
 Vishay had previously acquired its initial 19 percent interest in Roederstein in February 1992 for approximately $577,000 and has acquired the remaining 81 percent for approximately $2.7 million. In addition, the company will refinance all of Roederstein's existing bank debt of approximately $105 million which will bring Vishay's debt to equity ratio to approximately 0.8 to 1.
 Dr. Felix Zandman, chairman and chief executive officer, commented: "This acquisition adds approximately $230 million in annual sales boosting Vishay's sales to an annual rate of approximately $900 million. We believe it presents significant synergistic possibilities with Vishay. As previously announced, we will consolidate the Roederstein operations with Vishay as of January 1, 1993. We anticipate that Vishay and Roederstein will now be able to further reduce selling, general and administrative expenses through consolidations, and improve manufacturing costs by streamlining production in Germany and Portugal. Further, we are planning to shift some production to Israel to produce additional tax-free profits and to make use of previously announced tax-free labor grants awarded by the Government of Israel. Some production will also likely be shifted to the Czech Republic."
 Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of a wide range of passive electronic components including resistors, resistive sensors and capacitors. The company's products are used in a broad range of industries.
 /delval/
 -0- 2/1/93
 /CONTACT: Robert A. Freece, vice president and treasurer of Vishay Intertechnology, 215-644-1300/
 (VSH)


CO: Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.; Roederstein GmbH ST: Pennsylvania IN: CPR SU: TNM

CC-LJ -- PH034 -- 1462 02/01/93 14:43 EST
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Feb 1, 1993
Words:300
Previous Article:ALLEGHENY LUDLUM REPORTS EARNINGS
Next Article:BANK OF AMERICA'S WESTERN AND NORTHWESTERN STATES OUTLOOK
Topics:


Related Articles
VISHAY ANNOUNCES CONTINUING RECESSION WILL CAUSE DECLINE IN 1991 FOURTH-QUARTER RESULTS
VISHAY ANNOUNCES TAX-FREE LABOR GRANTS TO EXPAND PRODUCTION IN ISRAEL
VISHAY REPORTS A 46 PERCENT INCREASE IN NET EARNINGS FOR THE YEAR ENDED DEC. 31, 1992
VISHAY ANNOUNCES A 44-PERCENT INCREASE IN NET EARNINGS FOR THE THIRD QUARTER
VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY ANNOUNCES EXECUTIVE APPOINTMENTS
VISHAY INTERTECHNOLOGY CONFIRMS THAT FAMILY OF MOSHE SHAMIR NOT PLANNING TO SELL SHARES
VISHAY ANNOUNCES PROPOSAL TO MERGE WITH KEMET ELECTRONICS CORPORATION
Vishay Reports Earnings For The Third Quarter Ended September 30, 1996
Vishay Receives Approval from Bosch to Ship Capacitors From New Plant in Israel
Reptron Electronics, Inc. and Vishay Intertechnology, Inc. Announce Distribution Agreement for Siliconix and Telefunken Divisions.

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters