Printer Friendly

Utilities to be finalized in social housing project.

Building in 10th of Ramadan City - SIS CAIRO - 8 July 2019: Deputy Chairman of 10th of Ramadan Municipal Authority told Egypt Today that utilities are being introduced in the fifth phase of the social housing project established in the city. The fifth phase encompasses district 17-33. Utilities were introduced by 100 percent in districts 26 - 30, and by 25 to 80 percent in the rest. The source unveiled that a tender will be held soon for the construction of the sixth phase. The state planned to accomplish over 120,000 residential units by March 2019 in 6 of October City, Badr City, 15 of May City, Al Obour City, and the 10 of Ramadan City. The state aims at turning Egypt into a slum free country by the end of this year. About 500k citizens benefits of slums development: Official

CAIRO - 16 June 2019: "More than half a million citizens have so far benefited from slum development,"executive director of the Development Fund for Slums Khaled Siddiq said on Sunday. He added that slums development will cost about LE30 billion, adding that the government has spent LE18 billion until now.

The total number of slums in Egypt was 351 areas; 80 percent of which were demolished in the past four years and residents were given fully furnished flats in social housing projects. The remaining 20 percent will be developed by the end of 2019. The state also builds residential units across the country for middle class citizens whose housing needs are mostly overlooked by private developers who seek high margins of profit by catering for the luxury market. That is being achieved through certain initiatives such as Sakan Misr and Dar Misr.

[c] Copyright Egypt Today. All Rights Reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).

COPYRIGHT 2019 SyndiGate Media Inc.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2019 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Egypt Today
Geographic Code:7EGYP
Date:Jul 8, 2019
Words:296
Previous Article:Africa is one of the richest continents: Sisi.
Next Article:Egypt to file a lawsuit to get back Tutankhamun bust.
Topics:

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2020 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters