Additives for PUR foam include amine, morpholine, organometallic catalysts; crosslinkers, chain extenders; and silicone/ nonsilicone surfactants.
* Dabco 33-LV and BL-11 tertiary amine catalysts for flexible slabstock and flexible molded systems provide precise control of gelling and blowing.
* Dabco 8154 and BL-17 delayed-action catalysts for flexible slabstock and flexible molded foams.
* Polycat 77 100%-active amine catalyst promotes gelling and blowing reactions in flexible and semi-flexible molded foam.
* Polycat 8 industry-standard catalyst for spray systems and pour-in-place rigid applications.
* Polycat 46 catalyst (potassium acetate) and Dabco K-15 catalyst (potassium octoate) for isocyanurate lamination systems.
* Dabco TMR catalysts used alone or in conjunction with PUR catalysts to customize reactivities of polyisocyanurate foam systems.
* Dabco T-9, T-12 and 120 tin-based catalysts useful in various foam systems.
* Dabco NEM, NMM and NCM, morpholine-based catalysts, and Dabco B- 16 catalyst for polyester slabstock foam.
* Airthane TDI PUR prepolymers for castable elastomers.
* Versathane TDI and MDI PUR prepolymers for castable elastomers.
* Versalink curatives for PUR castable elastomers.
* Lonzacure curatives for PUR castable elastomers.
* Metal-salt complexes include Curithane 52 and 97 for controlled reaction of poly-isocyanurate foams.
AKZO NOBEL CHEMICALS INC.
Stanclere TL dibutyltin dilaurate provides better hydrolytic stability than stannous catalysts in premixes containing polyol, water, and silicone, giving the premix a longer storage life. In molded flexible PUR foams, Stanclere TL promotes faster gassing while delaying gelation to allow complete filling of the mold before the foam begins to set. Dibutyltin bis IOTG also available.
Liquid potassium acetate and potassium octoate catalysts supplied in various concentrations in DEG or PEG. Normally more cost-effective than amines for rigid urethanes. Can be blended with amines for various end-use properties.
ALBEMARLE CORP. POLYMER ADDITIVES
Ethacure liquid diamine curing agents eliminate dust exposure and melting; reduce costly inconvenient heating; and simplify handling and blending and reduce exposure to hazardous materials. Products work with virtually any prepolymer, including polyurethane, polyurea and epoxy systems.
ANDERSON DEVELOPMENT CO.
Curene urethane curatives include Curene 442 standard MBOCA-type material, Curene 185 for reduced hardness, and Curene 3005 liquid curative for polyester-based prepolymers.
Dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) is an effective, economical amine catalyst for flexible and rigid PUR foams. Reportedly reduces viscosity of the polyol mix, offers solvent properties to help disperse polyol-mix components, and provides good latitude in adjusting cream and rise times. When combined with tin catalysts, DMAE gives more independent control of foaming reaction than other amine catalysts.
BASF CORP. CHEMICALS
Amine-based catalysts for flexible and rigid applications include PM-DETA, TM-PDA, TM-HDA, N,N-dimethylcyclohexylamine, N-methylmorpholine, N-ethylmorpholine, 1-methylimidazole, 1,2-dimethylimidazole, dimethylethanolamine, and triethylamine.
BAYER MATERIALSCIENCE LLC
Complete line of aliphatic and aromatic polyisocyanate crosslinkers based on HDI, IPDI, TDI, and MDI.
BUCKMAN LABORATORIES, INC.
Bulab 600, 685, and 693 tertiary amine catalysts based on TMEDA (tetramethylethylene diamine). Bulab 600 and 685 are fast acting, stable catalysts for rigid and flexible urethanes. Bulab 693 is a delayed-action catalyst for large-cavity applications.
Cocure organomercury compounds function as polymerization or straight-chain catalysts for castable two-component PUR elastomers. Applications include industrial tires, conveyor belting, shock absorbers, printing rolls, wire sheathing, electrical insulation, seals, gaskets, and sporting goods. Available as liquids in a range of induction periods and cure times. Cocure products impart superior elongation and tensile strength, are not affected by humidity, and give satisfactory cures at low ambient temperatures.
Cotins line of standard and proprietary organotins includes dibutyltin dilaurate and stannous octoate for urethane elastomers and rigid and semi-rigid foam.
Coscat 83 organobismuth catalyst for two-component urethane elastomers is an alternative to lead, mercury, or tin-based catalysts when reduced catalyst toxicity is needed.
CATALYST SYSTEMS, INC.
Anhydrous benzoyl peroxide finely divided, smooth dispersion in plasticizers that can be used in systems where water cannot be tolerated. AU 50 polymerized initiator, catalyst, or hardener is primarily designed for use in urethane resin systems and can be used in unsaturated polyester systems, vinyl ester resins, vinyl monomers, etc. Water content is less than 1%. A low-viscosity product, AU 50 is suitable for pouring and pumping.
Offers a variety of amine and polyol-based curative and chain extenders for elastomers. These include 1,4-butanediol, Caytur 21 and 31 delayed-action amine curatives, HQEE diol chain extender, MBCA, Ethacure 300 aromatic diamine alternative to MBCA, ethoxylated trimethylopropane, and three Vibracure diols.
Curatives for high-performance, heat-cured PUR elastomers include Conacure AH-33 MBOCA polyol curative with an equivalent weight of 280 that functions as a liquid MCOCA alternative; Conacure AH-40 non-MBOCA liquid aromatic diamine curing agent with equivalent weight of 133.3; and Conacure AH-50 low-viscosity polyol curative with equivalent weight of 90.
ENTERPRISE CHEMICAL CO.
Quincat CQ-330 amine catalyst, a 33% solution of quinuclidene (1,4-ethylene piperidine) in dipropylene glycol, reportedly shows activity equal to triethylenediamine-based catalysts, but at significantly lower use levels and lower cost. Recommended for use in RIM, high-resilience (HR) foams, conventional flexible slabstock, and rigid spray, pour-in-place, and refrigeration foams.
FERRO CORP. POLYMER ADDITIVES DIV.
Cata-Chek line of PUR catalysts includes stannous and alkyl tin systems used in PUR foams and elastomers. Cata-Chek 860 series are stannous octoate concentrations. Also dibutyltin dilaurate (Cata-Chek 820).
GE ADVANCED MATERIALS SILICONES
Markets Niax silicone surfactants, Niax amine catalysts, and Geolite modifiers for polyurethane foam and elastomers. Key market segments served are slab foam, molded foam, rigid foam and microcellular and elastomers.
HUNTSMAN PETROCHEMICAL CORP.
Jeffcat amine catalysts for PUR foams:
* Jeffcat TD-33A, 33.3% solution of triethylenediamine in dipropylene glycol for flexible, semi-flexible and rigid foams and elastomers.
* Jeffcat DMEA, N,N-dimethylethanolamine used with other Jeffcat catalysts to promote gas-blowing reaction or serve as an acid scavenger.
* Jeffcat TD-20 blend of 80% Jeffcat DMEA and 20% triethylenediamine for a range of rigid foams.
* Jeffcat DM-70 for flexible polyethers, polyesters, and HR molded foams offer high reactivity, good surface cure, and low odor.
* Jeffcat NEM (N-ethylmorpholine) promotes good top-skin cure in polyester foam molding.
* Jeffcat NMM (N-methylmorpholine) for high-rise rigid foam panels and polyester foams.
* Jeffcat M-75 low-odor catalyst used chiefly for polyester slabstock. Reduced bun discoloration and broader processing latitude result in more open-celled foams.
* Jeffcat DPA low-odor catalyst contains reactive hydroxyl groups; primarily for low-density packaging foams.
* Jeffcat E-40 low-odor, highly efficient amine catalyst for polyester-based flexible foams.
Also Jeffcat polyether catalysts:
* ZR-70 dimethylaminoethoxylethanol for specialty packaging where strong blowing is advantageous.
* ZF-22, 70% bis-(2-dimethylaminoethyl) ether diluted in dipropylene glycol, used in flexible polyether slabstock foams and flexible molded foams.
* ZF-23 blend of tertiary amines for non-CFC Maxfoam processes.
* ZF-51 formulated amine catalyst used in flexible slabstock to promote higher block yield; especially useful in methylene chloride-blown foams.
* ZF-52 delayed-action, formulated amine catalyst for flexible stabstock foams.
* ZF-54 formulated amine for automotive seat molding. Delayed activity allows better flow. Useful as a co-catalyst with stronger gelation catalysts.
Specialty catalysts include:
* DMDEE high-boiling tertiary amine with a balanced reactivity to blowing and gelation reactions.
* DMP (N,N-dimethylpiperazine) general-purpose catalyst for flexible and semi-flexible polyether foam.
* PMDETA (pentamethyldiethylene triamine) for HCFC/water-blown rigid foams.
* ZF-10 hydroxyl-containing catalyst, a strong blowing catalyst especially useful in foams molded against vinyl skins.
KENRICH PETROCHEMICALS, INC.
Organotitanates act as urethane catalysts via a polyol-alcoholysis/NCO-alkylation mechanism. In a two-component RIM PUR, KR 55 titanate produces a faster gel than dubutyltin dilaurate. KR 44 amino titanate is said to provide higher ultimate tensile strength at significantly lower cost than dibutyltin dilaurate. Tg for urethane cured with KR 44 is higher than when cured with tin. Neoalkoxy titanates reportedly provide increased thermal and solvolytic stability.
OMG AMERICAS METAL ORGANICS
Organometallic urethane catalysts include dibutyltin dilaurate, potassium octoate, zinc octoate, lead neodecanoate, bismuth octoate, bismuth neodecanoate, tin neodecanoate, and lithium neodecanoate.
REAGENS USA INC.
Tin catalysts for flexible and rigid urethanes include CC-1 (dibutyltin dilaurate), CC-3 (dibutyltin diacetate), and stannous octoate in various solutions including stannous octoate CC-19 urethane foam.
Low-freezing-point version of CC-1 for use in colder climates.
SHEPHERD CHEMICAL CO.
Urethane catalysts include ferric acetyl acetonate, and zinc and nickel acetyl acetonate.
Also BiCAT metal carboxylates based on bismuth and zinc for controlled activity and selective polymerization.
SLOSS INDUSTRIES CORP.
Potassium octoate compounds in diethylene glycol for isocyanurate foams. Potassium from 12.8% to 15% by weight and viscosities from 5000 to 7000 cp.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||PRODUCT LINES REVIEWED|
|Date:||Oct 1, 2006|
|Previous Article:||Polyester curatives.|