Update Samsung Galaxy S2 (GT-I9100G) with Android 4.4.2 SlimROM.
Before getting started, there are several things users should satisfy and accomplish. The update provided only caters to Galaxy S2 I9100G model. Flashing the given ROM to other models can lead to a bricked phone.
Likewise, the Samsung Galaxy S2 device should be rooted before flashing. Users should install a recovery utility like TWRP or ClockworkMod. Make sure the device has at least 80 percent battery level. Ideally, charge the device fully to avoid problems. Back up all important files, settings and information.
Lastly, USB Debugging should be enabled. To do this, go to Settings and open Developer Options.
(http://www.android.gs/install-slimkat-android-4-4-2-nightly-rom-for-samsung-galaxy-s2-i9100g/) Android Geek providers instructions on how to update Galaxy S2 1ith Android KitKat 4.4.2 SlimKat ROM:
1. Download the Android 4.4.2 KitKat SlimKat ROM including the Google Apps package. Users can download the packages through these links: here and here.
2. Connect the Galaxy S2 device to the computer via USB cable.
3. Transfer the SlimKat custom ROM including the Google Apps package to the SD card root folder. Do not extract any of the files.
4. Boot the phone into Recovery Mode. To do this, press the Power, Home and Volume Up buttons altogether. Hold until the Galaxy S2 logo shows up. Release the buttons to go into recovery mode.
5. Do a factory reset. Choose "Wipe data/Factory reset."
6. When in CWM recovery, open Mounts and Storage and choose "Format System." Confirm with Yes. After this, go to Advanced submenu. Choose "Wipe Dalvik Cache." Choose "Yes" to confirm.
7. Go to "Install Zip from SD card" and choose the copied files earlier. Do the same steps to install Google Apps package.
8. Following installation, choose "Go Back." Select "Reboot system now." This will restart the phone.
The device should be running on Android 4.4.2 KitKat already. Providers of the update cannot be held responsible to what happens to the device following update. Users can update at their own risk.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||International Business Times - US ed.|
|Date:||Feb 8, 2014|
|Previous Article:||English Premier League Where to Watch Live: Liverpool vs Arsenal Live Streaming Information.|
|Next Article:||Samsung 12.2 Pro Tablets Arrive in the US February 13.|