Up and down: N.H. business-related bankruptcies rise to 9 in March.
Even as the number of bankruptcy filings ticked up in March compared to February-perhaps a few related to the harsh winter-they were still a lot fewer filings than last year.
Some 197 filings were recorded in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manchester, up from the 163 who filed in February. But that's still 26 percent fewer than last year, and the least since March 1990, unless you count 2006, the year after the law changed to make it more difficult to file for bankruptcy.
Nine of the March 2015 business-related filings are listed below. Two filed as a business, but there were seven households that filed with recent business-related debt. As in past practice, NHBR will list the related businesses, but not the individuals. It is possible that some businesses listed are still operating:
* BCM Footwear Group Inc., dba Bee Bee Shoe Store, Manchester, filed March 3, Chapter 7. Assets: $44,607. Liabilities: $327,421. (Business filing)
* James Leduc Screenprinting, dab JBL Screenprinting, Rochester, filed March 4, Chapter 13. Assets: 123,603. Liabilities: $301,537.
* Wicked Good Properties LLC, Salem, filed March 11, Chapter 7, Assets: Less than $50,000. Liabilities: $500,000 to $1 million. (Business filing)
* Bunten Saw Shop & United Tire Co., Concord, filed March 19, Chapter 13, Assets: $212,950. Liabilities: $297,327.
* Silverlight Candle & Gift Shop, Nashua, filed March 23, Chapter 7. Assets: $39,269. Liabilities: $106,590.
* All Seasons Roofing and Waterproofing, Northwood, filed March 27, Chapter 13. Assets: $132,800. Liabilities: $457,473.
* Hollis Country Kitchen, Hollis, filed March 28, Chapter 13. Assets: $500,000 to $1 million. Liabilities: $100,000 to $500,000.
* High Intensity Bike Shop, North Haverhill, filed March 30, Chapter 7. Assets: $100,000 to $500,000. Liabilities: $500,000 to $1 million.
* ER General Cleaning Services, Nashua, filed March 11, Chapter 7. Assets: Less than $50,000. Liabilities: $500,000 to $1 million.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||New Hampshire|
|Publication:||New Hampshire Business Review|
|Article Type:||Brief article|
|Date:||Apr 17, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Trade wins: export-linked jobs topped 20,000 in 2014.|
|Next Article:||Home economics: N.H. foreclosures plummet 42 percent in February.|