Up & Coming.
Friday, March 15
* Dapper Dog Grooming Salon opening: 12-12:30 p.m. at 314 S. Main St., Harrisburg. A Saline County Chamber of Commerce event.
* Lady Bulldog soccer: 5:30 p.m. vs. Jersey Community, at Metro Cup tournament at Columbia H.S.
* Lenten Fish Fry: 4-7 p.m. at the Bonan Business Center, 540 N. Commercial St., Harrisburg. Can choose one, two or three pieces of fish in your meal for $8, $10 or $12. Sponsored by Harrisburg Knights of Columbus and Auxiliary. Carryouts available, call (618) 499-9094.
Saturday, March 16
* Bulldog varsity track: 8:30 a.m. at Top Times meet, Illinois Wesleyan in Bloomington.
* Michael Hillegas DAR March meeting: 9:30 a.m. at the Education Building of Harrisburg First Baptist Church, on Vine Street (use Door 5). Program is "Local Foods" presented by Bronwyn Aly with the U of I Extension Service. Guests invited.
* Boy Scouts Pinewood Derby: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at Eldorado First United Methodist Church, 1007 3rd St., Eldorado. Boy Scouts and Cub Scouts Pinewood Derby. Info: (618) 273-7811; email@example.com.
* Cub Scout STEM Day: 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Harrisburg Cub Scout Pack 23, 34 W. Poplar St., Harrisburg. Public invited to the pack's annual STEM Day activities.
* Lady Bulldog softball: 10:30 a.m. at the Fairfield Spring Swing Tournament, at Fairfield. Opponent TBA.
* Harrisburg JV baseball: 11 a.m. at Jay Thompson Field, Bulldogs vs. Fairfield and Nashville.
* Harrisburg varsity baseball: At the Metro East Kickoff Classic, O'Fallon High School. 11:30 a.m. game vs. St. Joseph-Ogden; 2 p.m. game vs. Coal City.
* Eagles baseball: 12:30 p.m. away game vs. Mount Carmel.
* Bulldog varsity track: 1:30 p.m. at EIU indoor meet in Charleston.
* 'Ann Stokes, Civil War Nurse': 2 p.m. at the Harrisburg District Library, 2 W. Walnut St. Marlene Rivero portrays Ann Stokes, an escaped slave who worked on the USS Red Rover as a dishwasher, laundress and nurse. Stokes, who settled in southern Illinois, was the first woman to receive a U.S. Navy Pension for her service.
* Saline County Republicans Lincoln Day Dinner: 6-9 p.m., Bonan Business Center, 540 N. Commercial St., Harrisburg. Grilled chicken and pork loin, baked beans, roasted potatoes, coleslaw, drink, dessert. Cash bar. Silent auction; speakers are state Sen. Dale Fowler and state Rep. Patrick Windhorst. Contact a precinct committeeman for tickets.
* Sham-ROCK '19 with the Reunion Band: 6:30-11:30 p.m. at the Ridgway Knights of Columbus Hall, 110 S. Crawford St., Ridgway. Irish meal, dancing, the Reunion Band live, green beer, contests, giveaways, more. Tickets: Visit Facebook.
* Stateside Outlaws band: 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. at Sisco's, 1411 N. Main St., Harrisburg. Modern and classic country.
Sunday, March 17
* The Old School Band live: 3-7 p.m. at The Gap Bar & Grill, 862 State Highway 34, in Herod. St. Patrick's Day celebration.
Monday, March 18
* Magic Tree House Book Club: 4-5 p.m. at the Harrisburg District Library, 2 W. Walnut St. Join Miss Emily as we read and discuss the Magic Tree House books. No need to bring your own book. for K-5th grade students.
* Eagles baseball: 4:30 p.m. home game vs. Pope County.
* Lady Eagles softball: 4:30 p.m. home game vs. Pope County.
* Crime Lovers Book Club: 6-7:30 p.m. at the Harrisburg District Library, 2 W. Walnut St. Jesse Rouse will discuss his 24 years as a forensic sketch artist in the Chicago area; group will also discuss books by Patricia Cornwell and Kathy Reichs.
Tuesday, March 19
* Women's Business Council meeting: Noon-1 p.m. Mackies Pizza, 502 E. Poplar St., Harrisburg. Presentations by Lauren Sanders, Donna Rash and Sheila Biggerstaff from Ferrell Hospital, who will discuss the hospital's new, state of the art mammography equipment. RSVP to Arla at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Harrisburg/Eldorado varsity baseball: 4:30 p.m. game at Eldorado.
* Lady Bulldog soccer: 5 p.m. away game vs. Marion.
* Harrisburg Unit 3 school board: 6 p.m. in the Harrisburg Middle School Media Center, 312 Bulldog Blvd., Harrisburg.
Wednesday, March 20
* Eldorado Main Street Pork Chop Dinner: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. at Old City Hall Museum, 604 Locust St., Eldorado. Includes Main Street's famous grilled pork chops, purchased locally from Eldorado Big John's, special whipped potatoes, green beans, applesauce, hot yeast rolls, dessert and drink for $8. For carryouts, (618) 273-7109.
* Harrisburg Township Park District board: 8 a.m. at the park office, 921 W. Poplar St., Harrisburg.
* Bulldog varsity, JV baseball: 4:30 p.m. at Jay Thompson Field, vs. Johnston City.
Thursday, March 21
* Lady Bulldog softball: 4:30 p.m. away game vs. at Pope County.
* Eagles baseball: 4:30 p.m. home game vs. Benton.
* Lady Eagles softball: 4:30 p.m. home game vs. Benton.
* Lady Bulldog soccer: 5 p.m. home game vs. Centralia.
* Harrisburg City Council: 6 p.m. in the City Council Room, City Hall, 110 E. Locust St.
* Eldorado Unit 4 School Board: 7 p.m. in the district office, 2200A Illinois Ave., Eldorado.
Friday, March 22
* Bulldog Co-Ed Bass Fishing Team: 8 a.m. at Lake of Egypt for the Galatia Invite.
* Bulldog varsity baseball: 4:30 p.m. home at HHS vs. Pleasant Plains.
* Harrisburg/Eldorado softball: 4:30 p.m. at Eldorado.
Saturday, March 23
* Bulldog varsity, JV baseball: 11 a.m. at HHS, home games vs. Du Quoin.
* Eagles baseball: 11 a.m. home game vs. Vienna.
* Lady Bulldog softball: 11 a.m. home games vs. Galatia and Crittendon County (KY).
* Lady Bulldog soccer: 11 a.m. home game vs. Salem.
* Fancy Nancy Tea Party: 3-5 p.m. at the Harrisburg District Library, 2 W. Walnut St. Activities, snacks and fun for ages 4 and up, with an adult. Fancy attire not required, just encouraged. Beads and crowns will be available.
* Hee Haw Good Time: 6-9 p.m. at St. Kateri, 211 W. Edwards St., Ridgway. Join the Ferrell Hospital Community Foundation for dinner, sweets, dessert auction and a bona fide Hee Haw stage performance. $30-$35 or $200 for a table of 8. Proceeds benefit Ferrell Hospital nursing's patient monitoring equipment. RSVP to Karen Boulds, at email@example.com or (618) 297-9611. Casual dress.
* Jason Wilber Coffee Concert: 2-4 p.m. at Southeastern Illinois College, 3575 College Road, Harrisburg. American singer, guitar player, songwriter, and recording artist featuring folk/country music and original compositions. $5-$10. Tickets at the door, or at firstname.lastname@example.org, (618) 252-5400 ext. 2486, or (618) 841-4649.
Monday, March 25
* Bulldog varsity baseball: 4 p.m. home game at HHS vs. Seneca.
* Lady Eagles softball: 4:30 p.m. away game at Galatia.
* Lady Bulldog soccer: 4:30 p.m. away game vs. Anna-Jonesboro.
* Shawnee Bee Club: 6-8 p.m. at Shawnee Bee Club, 101 N. Mill, Carrier Mills.