Understand How to Optimize Brand Lifecycle Management with Winning Strategies to Maximize Revenue in the Face of Growing Generic Competition.
As competitive pressures from the entry of generics post-patent expiry and new brands are growing, product lifecycles are evolving for the worst. Effective lifecycle management is becoming a must for Pharma looking to maximize their return on investment, regardless of which stage of the lifecycle a drugs is in. However such strategies are becoming most prominent immediately before patent expiry.
- Review of key reasons why lifecycle management is important now
- Analysis of key considerations Pharma need to take care of when devising lifecycle management strategies
- Discussion of most commonly used lifecycle management strategies
- Case study analysis of successful and unsuccessful lifecycle management strategies employed by Pharma
Highlights of this title
One of the key challenges for Pharma is the loss of corporate memory regarding specific brands as brand managers spend on average only 18 months on one product with mainly short term goals in mind. Pharma need to take a structured approach to lifecycle management with a regular review of their strategies in response to internal and external events.
Lifecycle management should not be left until only few years are left to patent expiry. Revenues can be maximized during launch and peak phases by employing the right approaches. If a company starts planning its lifecycle management strategy early, it has more strategies available. However, many companies leave planning until late in the lifecycle.
Payers and physicians are becoming more sceptical of certain steps taken by Pharma as they consider them to be pure lifecycle management. Follow-on products such as reformulations and fixed dose combinations need to ensure they truly satisfy an unmet need in order to achieve even moderate uptake.
Key reasons to purchase this title
- Identify critical considerations for creating the optimal lifecycle management plan
- Understand when the different lifecycle management strategies are most appropriate
- Gain insight into recent successful and unsuccessful lifecycle management strategies
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction To Lifecycle Management
- Critical Considerations For Product Lifecycle Management
- Selecting The Right Lifecycle Management Strategy
- Case Studies Of Recent Lifecycle Management Strategies Used By Biopharma
- List Of Figures
- List Of Tables
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/050e44/generic_series_op
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Sep 8, 2008|
|Previous Article:||CA to Deliver Wide-Ranging Support for Microsoft Virtualization Products.|
|Next Article:||Proposal Software, Inc. Introduces Revolutionary New Search Accelerator; Expanding Web-based Technologies and Adding 'Pitch Book' Functionality.|