Ultra-precise optical scanning.
Baumer (Southington, CT) has introduced the high-performance HS35S Sin/Cos Encoder. Ideal for motor and drive control in heavy duty industries and harsh environments, this encoder's ultra-precise optical scanning system delivers unrivaled Sin/Cos 1 V P-P output for exact positioning systems with absolute accuracy to 60 arc seconds at a high dynamic frequency. Additional features include:
* 1,024, 2,048[degrees], or 5,000 Sinusoids per revolution.
* A harmonic distortion better than 1%.
* Patented low-harmonic technology that provides best-in-class output.
* Low levels of analog distortion.
* IP67 housings for wet environments.
* An ambient temperature range from -40[degrees] to +212[degrees]F.
* A heavy-duty standard housing that features a durable, powder-coated castin.
* Availability in shaft sizes from 0.25" to 1.0".