US woman claims potpourri bag contained 'poisonous' Indian snake.
Levittown housewife Natalie Malik said that she purchased the potpourri bag from Riverhead HomeGoods store on Saturday and dumped the scented plants in a bowl on her dining room table.
The next morning, she said she heard a rustling from the room and found the potpourri scattered all over - and a still-damp, 8 1/2-long snake skin that had been shed in the bowl, New York Post reported.
The 38-year-old, whose husband is away, fears that the snake loose in her house and it might hurt her my dogs - two Yorkshire terriers.
Malik, the former owner of a home-cleaning business, and other family members tore the house apart in a search for the slinky stowaway serpent.
Her father, Dominic Ciaramella, even brought over nets and rigged box traps containing crickets. But the snake remains on the lam.
She has also called an exterminator and a reptile expert, who said the animal was actually a foot long because the skin on its head had not been shed.
But the expert didn't know what breed the snake is, but did say it's probably hiding in an inaccessible spot.
She said she was told the potpourri, manufactured by a company called Sono Inc., might contain items from India.
And she's worried because, "there are poisonous snakes in India."
However, Home Goods spokeswoman, Doreen Thompson, said that their vendor has assured them that the manufacturing process for this product makes it highly unlikely for this to occur. ( ANI )
Copyright 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved.
Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company