Printer Friendly

UNION SWITCH & SIGNAL INC. FILES FOR INITIAL PUBLIC OFFERING OF 3,250,000 COMMON SHARES

 COLUMBIA, S.C., Sept. 23 /PRNewswire/ -- Union Switch & Signal Inc. announced today that it has filed a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the proposed initial public offering of 3,250,000 shares of its common stock in the United States and internationally.
 Prior to the offering, there has been no public market for the Union Switch & Signal shares.
 Union Switch & Signal is currently wholly-owned by Finmeccanica S.p.A., a large Italian industrial concern, through its Ansaldo Trasporti subsidiary. The proposed public offering will involve the sale by Union Switch & Signal of approximately 40 percent of its shares. The remaining 60 percent will continue to be held by Ansaldo Trasporti.
 The managing underwriters for the proposed offering will be Lehman Brothers Inc. and Wertheim Schroder & Co. Incorporated.
 Union Switch & Signal Inc., headquartered in Columbia, designs and manufactures a full line of railway signaling, control and automation systems and products. The company serves the domestic and international railroad and mass transit industries.
 A registration statement relating to these securities has been filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission but has not yet become effective. These securities may not be sold nor may offers to buy be accepted prior to the time the registration statement becomes effective. This notice shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state.
 A preliminary prospectus relating to these securities may be obtained from Lehman Brothers, 34 Hubert St., New York, N.Y. 10013, Attention: Prospectus Department, 212-464-6427; or Wertheim Schroder & Co., 787 Seventh Ave., New York, N.Y. 10019, Attention: Prospectus Department, 212-492-6900.
 -0- 9/23/93
 /CONTACT: Tony Florence of Union Switch & Signal, 803-929-1202/


CO: Union Switch & Signal Inc. ST: South Carolina, Pennsylvania IN: TRN SU: OFR

DM-MK -- PG002 -- 5087 09/23/93 10:01 EDT
COPYRIGHT 1993 PR Newswire Association LLC
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 1993 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:PR Newswire
Date:Sep 23, 1993
Words:336
Previous Article:DONALDSON LUFKIN & JENRETTE PERSHING DIVISION ADDS TO WRAP FEE PRODUCT LINE
Next Article:UNION SWITCH & SIGNAL BREAKS GROUND IN PITTSBURGH
Topics:

Terms of use | Copyright © 2017 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters