UAE dismisses Qatar's international court stunt.
Summary: Gargash says filing of case against UAE 'not surprising' as Doha has 'lied' previously, too
Gulf News Report
Dubai: The UAE has dismissed as a stunt Qatar's filing of a case against the UAE at the International Court of Justice over the so-called "discrimination against Qatar and Qatari citizens". UAE Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Dr. Anwar Gargash said that he was not shocked by the announcement by the government of Qatar that it was taking the UAE to the Court over what it described as human right violations.
"...Qatar said it was taking the UAE to the International Court of Justice over what it described as human right violations. We say that we are not surprised that those who dared to lie in their claims about the Haj would stoop so low," Gargash posted on his Twitter account, where he has more than 710,000 followers.
Several comments applauded Gargash's position.
"They have a history of claims. They had made false allegations against Bahrain, claiming that that the Hawar Islands belonged to them. Qatar refused Saudi mediation and went to the International Court of Justice, which ruled that the islands were Bahraini. Now, their latest issue is the UAE. They will fail because they are lying. They have been lying about Haj and Umrah. It is easy to lie when you want to usurp people's rights," Rami posted.
[c] Al Nisr Publishing LLC 2018. All rights reserved. Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. ( Syndigate.info ).
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Gulf News (United Arab Emirates)|
|Date:||Jun 11, 2018|
|Previous Article:||Watford swoop for Barca boy while no one is watching.|
|Next Article:||Nakheel awards Dh447m contract for 12 lane road bridge.|