Orange County, Fla.
With Orange County Corrections, you can secure your future and build your career with the very best--the finest law enforcement, correctional and civilian staff in the nation.
You will benefit from our modern technology, state-of-the-art equipment and comprehensive training techniques. And you will grow both personally and professionally in an environment where duty and dedication to service are hallmarks of excellence. Orange County Corrections is now hiring for the following positions:
Major, Correctional Facility
Job Req. #003312 SL
Salary Range: $59,218 to $90,355
* Responsible for the administrative management of personnel;
* Ensure staff maintains compliance with state, county and department training requirements;
* Ensure divisional compliance with safety, security and sanitation regulations;
* Develop and implement plans and goals for the facility and participate as a member of the Departmental Management Team;
* Responsible for the areas of policy development, fiscal management, establishment of goals and objectives and communications;
* Bachelor's degree in criminal justice/public, administration or a related field and five years of criminal justice experience required (four of which should have been in a management/supervisory capacity equivalent to a correctional lieutenant or above);
* Any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities;
* Must possess and maintain a Florida Class "E" driver's license; and
* Must possess and maintain State of Florida Correctional Officer certification within one year of hire.
Job Req. #003282 SL
Salary Range: $13.81/hour to $15.56/hour
* Must be a high school graduate or equivalent;
* Must be at least 19 years of age and a U.S. citizen;
* Must not have been convicted of a felony;
* Possess a valid Florida driver's license;
* Ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays;
* Paid sponsorship to Corrections Academy;
* Benefits eligibility first day of employment;
* Uniforms and equipment provided;
* In-service training and career development;
* Tuition reimbursement -- $1,250/year;
* Shift differential -- $750-$1,080/year;
* State salary incentives -- up to $1,560/year;
* Full Florida state retirement benefits; and
* Vacation days/paid holidays.
For information and to apply for this position, visit us at www.bestjail.com.
Orange County is a drug-free workplace and will conduct drug/alcohol testing.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||Job Bank|
|Date:||Aug 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||DOJ plans a national sex offender registry.|
|Next Article:||ACA courses ease transition from officer to supervisor.|
|ACTE Job Bank.|
|CARING Job Bank update.|
|Jump start your students' careers.|