Twice the conductivity of carbon steel studs.
PEM[R]-type HFHB BUSBAR[R] self-clinching studs from PennEngineering provide solutions for applications demanding high-performance electrical/mechanical attachment points in copper. According to the company, these phosphor-bronze, externally threaded fasteners offer:
* Twice the conductivity of conventional carbon steel studs.
* Permanent installation in copper sheets as thin as 0.050"/1.3 mm.
* Push-out values up to 560 lbs./1,115 N and torque-out values up to 18 ft. lbs./25N-m, depending on fastener thread size and the thickness of the host copper sheet.
* The promotion of improved pull-through resistance due to a large-head design, which allows the stud's head to project above the sheet material and distribute the axial tightening force over a wider area.
* Thread sizes ranging from #10-32 through 3/8-16 and M5 through M10.
* The option to choose from a variety of lengths up to 2.00"/50 mm.
* RoHS compliance.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||New Products|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||Mar 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||10 grades to maximize efficient mating.|
|Next Article:||Reducing logic execution times by more than 70 percent.|