Printer Friendly

Torres says he's committed to spearheading Liverpool's revival.

London, July 29 (ANI): Spanish striker Fernando Torres has told Liverpool that he will shun the prospect of lucrative moves away from Anfield and is committed to spearheading the club's revival.

"Torres has told us he is looking forward to playing for Liverpool next season," the Daily Express quoted Hodgson, as saying.

He was speaking as the side flys out to Macedonia today for the first competitive game in charge against FK Rabotnicki in the Europa League qualifier tomorrow.

Hodgson and Liverpool managing director Christian Purslow flew out to Spain last week to try to convince Torres that his future remains on Merseyside.

Hodgson said: "As far as I know he is looking forward to coming back here on Monday. He is enjoying a holiday - a well-deserved break as he has not had one for three years - spending a lot of time with his family and keeping a low profile." (ANI)

Copyright 2009 Asian News International (ANI) - All Rights Reserved.

Provided by Syndigate.info an Albawaba.com company
COPYRIGHT 2010 Al Bawaba (Middle East) Ltd.
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2010 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Asian News International
Date:Jul 29, 2010
Words:168
Previous Article:UK judges say terror suspects can sue for damages.
Next Article:Chilcot Inquiry: Ex-UK generals says army faced its worst crisis in 2006.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2019 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters