Today Europe Accounts for 68% of the Demand for Smart Cards, but by the End of This Decade Europe, Asia, and the United States Are Expected to Equally Share One Third of the Total Demand.
The smart card is a technological boon that is used for the purpose of authentication and making payments. This report presents an overall view of the global smart card market and provides an in-depth analysis of the market trends and growth.
Compared to the traditional data transmission tools, such as magnetic-stripe cards, smart cards are safer and more convenient. Presently, the smart card market is showing unprecedented growth with most of the countries utilizing this technology in a wide range of applications. Presently, Europe accounts for 68% of the demand for smart cards, but by the end of this decade Europe, Asia, and the United States are expected to equally share one third of the total demand. As per projections, in the year 2005, North America will require approximately 543 million cards while there will be a requirement of 3.75 billion cards across the world. In the year 2003, the total smart card reader market figured at 9.4 million units and is expected to reach 35.5 million units by 2005. Also, in 2003, the total smart card terminals market figured at 4.8 million units and is expected to reach 14.3 million units in 2008. Presently, Western Europe is the biggest user of smart cards, followed by South America, Asia, and North America.
The smart card based systems can be easily configured to cater to individual needs. But most of the smart cards being used presently are memory cards with restricted processing powers. Still, their usage is very high.
- Overview of the global smart cards market
- Analysis of the market trends and developments for smart card
- Categories and types of cards
- In-depth report on market commercialization and industry regulation
- Regional breakdown of financial smart cards till 2007
- Scopes and opportunities of smart card application within eCommerce sectors
This report on smart card provides you with the most detailed, up-to-date, and in-depth analysis of the smart card market, and also predicts the future market trends for the coming years. Chapter 2 and 3 provide an overview of smart cards, along with their categories and types. Chapter 4 talks about the market segmentation and sales projections. Chapter 7 highlights the scopes and opportunities of smart card applications within ecommerce sectors.
Contents are as follows:-
1. Overview to the Cards Market and Applications
2. Introduction to Smart cards
3. Card Market: Market Commercialization and Industry Regulation
4. Access Control and Smart cards: Market Segmentation and Sales Projections
5. Global Smart card Market: Shipments and Value, through 2007
6. System Integration is Key to the Future of Smart cards in the Identification Field
7. Scopes and Opportunity of Smart card Application within eCommerce Sectors
8. Changing Patterns of consumer behavior and attitude to Smart cards Applications and Access Control Systems
9. Current Issues and Trend Indicators
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/reports/c36228
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Apr 27, 2006|
|Previous Article:||International Joint Venture Law is an Authoritative Insider's Perspective on the In's and Out's of Joint Venture Transactions around the World.|
|Next Article:||Watson Pharmaceuticals was Founded in 1984 Read its Profile as a Generics Company Today.|