Tips to avoid exposure to biological hazards. (Health).
* Do not shake or empty the envelope or package.
* Do not attempt to clean up spilled powder or fluid.
* Place the envelope or package into a plastic bag or container (such as a trash can) and seal it.
* Remove any contaminated clothing and seal it in a plastic bag.
* Leave the room and lock the door, or take other steps to keep people from entering the room.
* Wash or shower with soap and water. Do not use bleach or disinfectant on your skin. If the agent got in your eyes, flush continuously with water for about twenty minutes.
* Report the incident at once to local law enforcement personnel or work security officer or supervisor.
* Provide a list of all those who were in the room when the letter or package was opened, as well as those involved in the delivery of the item.
* Health authorities and your personal physician will advise as to the need for testing and treatment.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2002|
|Previous Article:||A view from the woods.|
|Next Article:||Study shows importance of structured time for teens. (Trends).|