Intersil Corporation (Milpitas, CA) has introduced the ISL29501, a time-of-flight (ToF) signal processing IC that provides a complete object detection and distance measurement solution when combined with an external emitter (LED or laser) and photodiode. Features include:
* A supply voltage range from 2.7 to 3.3 V.
* An [I.sup.2] C interface that supports 1.8 and 3.3 V bus.
* A low profile, 4x5 mm, 24-lead TOFN package.
* Programmable distance zones.
* A 4.5 MHz modulation frequency.
Why Would I Specify?
* The ISL29501 operates in single shot mode for initial object detection and approximate distance measurement, while the continuous mode improves distance accuracy.
* Active ambient light rejection minimizes or eliminates the influence of ambient light during distance measurement.
* On-chip emitter DAC with programmable current up to 255 mA allows designers to choose the desired current level to optimize distance measurement and power budget.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||First Look|
|Publication:||Product Design & Development|
|Date:||Nov 1, 2015|
|Previous Article:||Ultra-miniature cable assemblies.|
|Next Article:||Coupling Considerations for Servo Gearbox Applications: though often overlooked or left to the last minute, coupling selection for a new precision...|