Time Equities sells 'Y' building for $12.5M.
Acquired by TEl in 2000 from the YMCA for $8.15 million, the 67,000-sq.-ft. building is zoned for residential conversion. The buyer plans to convert the building into oversized residential apartments with a health club/gym on the lower two floors. Built in 1905, the eight-story, brick and limestone building served as the McBurney YMCA for more than 96 years. It was vacated at the end of 2002 when the YMCA relocated to West 14th Street.
The building features a historically significant facade and a large full-scale gymnasium with a mezzanine running track, a full basketball court. The building also contains a large rooftop terrace and 15,000 sq. ft. of street-level space suitable for commercial or retail use.
The McBurney building lies between Seventh and Eighth Avenues and occupies a considerable portion of the block between 23rd and 24th Streets.
David Lebenstein, SIOR, Executive Director of TEl, and Javier Lattanzio also of TEl represented the seller in the transaction. Philip Brody of TEl served as the attorney for the seller. The buyer, Mitchell Marks of First New York Realty, represented himself. Lewis Kuper served as the attorney for the seller.
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Publication:||Real Estate Weekly|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Oct 29, 2003|
|Previous Article:||Blackout 2003: a study on alternative demand structures.|
|Next Article:||Vornado takes $200M loan on GM building.|