This year's Oscars for the arts.
LOS ANGELES -- The International Photography Awards presents the 2nd Annual Lucie Award-winners for 2004, the only ceremony honoring the greatest achievements in photography to both legendary photographers, as well as emerging. The Lucie Awards categories include, fashion, entertainment, advertising, portraiture, fine art, photojournalism, documentary and lifetime achievement.
"The movie industry has its Oscars and now the photography community has its Lucies," says Douglas Kirkland, the host of the 2004's event in October.
Gordon Parks, at the age of 90, was honored with the "Lifetime Achievement Award." Cornell Capa won the "Visionary Award" and Sebastiao Salgado took the "Humanitarian Award." Both Helmut Newton and Francesco Scavullo received "Special Tribute Awards." These awards were a "special tribute" in honoring these two great photographers who had passed away earlier in the year.
Outstanding Achievement awards included:
* Fine Art Photography--Arthur Leipzig.
* Music Photography--Jim Marshall.
* Documentary Photography--Bruce Davidson.
* Photojournalism--James Nachtwey.
* Entertainment Photography--Bert Stern.
* Fashion Photography--Lillian Bassman.
* Architectural Photography--Julius Shulman.
* Sports Photography--Walter Iooss.
* Women in Photography--Sylvia Plachy.
* Still Photography for Motion Pictures--Bob Willoughby.
* Portraiture--Arnold Newman.
* Advertising Photography--Jay Maisel. ABN
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Title Annotation:||International Photography Awards|
|Publication:||Art Business News|
|Article Type:||Brief Article|
|Date:||Jan 1, 2005|
|Previous Article:||Muralist paints her passion.|
|Next Article:||MoMA reopens in Manhattan.|