This month in agri marketing.
* Titan Tire purchases Goodyear Tire's farm tire line for $100 million.
* High Plains Journal Publisher Tom Taylor is the NAMA President.
* Janelle Aust and Zach Tassell join McCormick Co. She had been with Fleishman Hillard, he had been with Advanswers.
Ten Years Ago (2000)
* BASF acquires the American Cyanamid crop protection business unit from American Home Products for $3.8 billion.
* Deere & Co. forms a joint venture to manufacture tractors in India.
* Ag Secretary Dan Glickman calls for a referendum whereby producers will vote on the continuance of the pork checkoff program.
* ContiGroup sells its Wayne Feeds business to Ridley, where it will become part of its Hubbard Feeds group.
* DTN is acquired by New York investment firm Veronis & Suhler.
Twenty Years Ago (1990)
* Rural Press acquires Southern Farm Publications, which includes eight monthly farm magazines.
* Norden Labs/Colle & McVoy win the ARC award's $50,000+ PR campaign award. Note: the Ag Relations Council has revived the awards program. See page 16.