Printer Friendly

The troops also destroyed a house during the operation.

A complete shutdown is being observed in Indian occupied Kashmir today after three youth were martyred by Indian troops in Chattabal area of Srinagar and another was crushed to death by an army vehicle in Noorbagh area of the city on Saturday.

The call for the strike was given by the joint resistance leadership comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik.

The troops had martyred the three youth during a violent cordon and search operation in Chattabal area of Srinagar. The fourth, identified as Aadil Ahmed, was killed when a vehicle of Indian forces deliberately ran him over at Noorbagh in Srinagar.

Indian occupying forces have imposed restrictions in various areas of Srinagar including Maharaj Gunj, Safa Kadal, Nowhatta, Khanyar, Rainawari and Kralkhud to prevent the anti-India protests.

The authorities also continue to disrupt internet services in Srinagar and other parts of the territory.

Meanwhile, Indian troops launched a cordon and search operation in Zainapora area of Shopian district today.

Media reports said that one policeman and an army officer have been injured in firing in the area after residents hit the streets against the operation.

There were reports of clashes between the troops and the protesters till reports last came in. The troops used brute force and fired teargas shells on the protesters, according to KMS.

COPYRIGHT 2018 Asianet-Pakistan
No portion of this article can be reproduced without the express written permission from the copyright holder.
Copyright 2018 Gale, Cengage Learning. All rights reserved.

Article Details
Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback
Publication:Regional Times (Karachi, Pakistan)
Date:May 6, 2018
Previous Article:10 more youth martyred by Indian forces in occupied Kashmir.
Next Article:'Aliens' part of electoral systems across globe, says opposition leader.

Terms of use | Privacy policy | Copyright © 2022 Farlex, Inc. | Feedback | For webmasters |