The nutraceuticals world crossword challenge.
1. Company responsible for popularizing liquid two-piece capsules
6. This macronutrient is important for bowel and heart health, and more recently has been found to stave off hunger
9. Indian bread
11. Consumers are looking for simpler labels, those without scores of ingredients they can't understand, those that are the opposite of "dirty"
12. Food stamps will not cover these, according to the new farm bill passed by Congress in May (--supplements)
13. A can--person
14. Weekend day, for short
15. Firms abbr.
16. Yes, captain
19. The most popular way to deliver dietary supplements:--s
21. Helping consumers with this will help them achieve their weight loss goals (hint: the technique has inspired many companies to keep theirs to 100 calories per pack):--control
24. Compass point
25. Trial area
27. Pomegranate and mangosteen are referred to as "superfruits" while almonds and walnuts are considered these
31. "--Lang Syne"
32. Spanish for it is
35. Not edible any more
37. The company that wants to ban weight loss claims for supplements, abbr.
38. FDA is considering reversing health claims for these substances:--and selenium
43. This company's newest premium juice promotes the virtues of acai
46. Fruits rich in potassium
51. This Slim-Fast company has discovered a technology, which works by trapping gas in foods to make people feel full
53. B--: snake that squeezes
54. Hazel or brazil
56. Refreshing delivery system for nutraceuticals
1. This company started using Cargill's new sweetener, Truvia, in a variety of products
2. Takes the skin off
5. Put down
6. This class of substances found in dark chocolate may help reduce blood pressure
16. Church area
17. Not me!
18. Overall software integration for all the company's processes (abbr.)
19. High protein soy
20. Was first to market
22. Inherent power in Taoism
23. Russell Crowe's middle name
28. Take too much, for short
30. Go head--head
33. Outside coverings
36. Invest in
37. Wisonsin is THE place for production of this herb
38. Cargill's new sweetener, Truvia, is based on this herb, a first for the U.S. market
39. Danone product
40. Special market position
42. Hindu princess
47. Plant with skin healing and nutrition properties
49. Audio visual, briefly
To see this month's solution, visit www.nutraceuticalsworld.com and click on "crossword solutions."
|Printer friendly Cite/link Email Feedback|
|Date:||Jul 1, 2008|
|Previous Article:||2008 calendar.|
|Next Article:||CSPI urges FDA to crack down on functional food claims.|